starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Truth

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thank you so much for the compliments. Hopefully I will have another article up soon, it's being edited. Again, thanks so much.

Reread this yesterday, and enjoyed it as much as the first time. My buddy and I were talking about this at the gym yesterday, I'm 44 and he's 56 and we're doing SS to get stronger. He told me, as we met up at the front of the gym, that he was telling some freinds about his routine and that he was squatting 3x a week. He was a bit concerned because they all couldn't believe it and were in the "good luck with that, you're going to hurt yourself" camp. We talked about how, for the most part people don't like to squat once a week, because it's hard, so sure 3x would really scare them.

Although it's pitiful that virtually no one uses the squat rack at my gym, and even less deadlift, I thank my lucky stars, because seldom do I have to wait for anything other than a bench to do BP's from.

Thanks for the great article, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for the compliment about the article. Speaking of deadlifting at a gym, I am attempting to find one of my assistants a gym where she can deadlift in Northern Virginia. Of course this is almost impossible. The big obstacle is chalk. Someone may be allergic to it,came one reply on why she couldn't use it. I'm going to give her some liquid chalk and this should help matters. You should here me describe what a deadlift is all about. It is so hilarious.....she's going to put the bar on the floor....Can she put a bar on the floor in your gym??....ok, then she....no she won't drop it hard....can she use chalk??...no, for her grip...

WOW! Awesome Sir.
    I was just discussing why I squat 3 X/week vs. the conventional army mentality which is run 3-5 miles 3 X/week. First of all, thank God I have a "no running" profile, due to my knee getting "hurt" at SERE school. But I squat, deadlift, bench, press, and power clean and my knees are not hurting anymore. Anyway, I really appreciate you "tellin' it like it is." I train at a "performance enhancement center". You know the type, where "functional" fitness is emphasized. It's great because it's free for me to use, but the people in there kill me sometimes. They're doing med ball tosses and rowing and ply jumping while wearing those ridiculous "five finger" shoes and under armor shirts. AHHH!!! I come in there with chuck taylors, sweat shorts, socks pulled up to my knees and just a plain cotton t-shirt and I'm the weirdo. Maybe I am, but I don't really care. I am too focused to give a shit what they think. It's funny, I was training with a belt on the other day and got funny looks from the "I may have 6 pack, but I am malnourished" crowd. Oh well, it is what it is.
    I appreciate the article Sir and look forward to reading more.
    -Joe

starting strength coach development program
    /bump/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123