starting strength gym
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Death by Prowler

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    Prowler work is ok, but I like to alternate Farmers Walks & Sled Dragging. The combination has been working well for me.
    I'm very happy for you.

Hi Matt, would the Jacob's Ladder be a reasonable substitute for the Prowler? Does it have the benefit of being concentric only like the Prowler does?

Here dear, I love you so much i'd like to give you a present, a brand ....NEW....PROWLER. PLease use it frequently and make sure life insurance premiums have been paid up.

Matt, thanks for the great article, and thank you, Rip, for the excellent video on how to push the prowler. How would you guys suggest programming for walking as opposed to sprinting? Can I get into high intensity anaerobic-glycolytic territory walking the thing, or would I need to run sprints? My gym has a long narrow space where the prowler can be pushed, probably about 110 feet or so, between the stationary bikes on one side and the nautilus crap on the other. There are often too many zombies with ear buds wandering aimlessly to try to sprint with it (although I guess braking wouldn't be much of a problem if I had to stop fast).

I've been very carefully titrating some prowler walking in once or twice a week. I did 8 reps walking it last night after squats and press, with 160 lbs. loaded on (not counting the weight of the prowler itself), with very short rests in between. I never really got all that winded - heart rate went up, and I sweated a little at the end, but nothing amazing. Today, my glutes are barking at me and I'm glad I'm not going to be deadlifting heavy until next week, because my legs feel way more fatigued than usual for a Tuesday. Maybe I need to run with the thing at lighter weight in order to get a conditioning blast without complicating my recovery time for squats and deadlifts? Or am I just clueless, and weak?

I'd like to give a prowler a tryout. However, I think if I went outside and pushed around the neighborhood, I"d get arrested. Unfortunately no room at our SS gym or ability to use in the parking lot. Where do people use these things outside of Texas?

I guess the prowler is illegal outside Texas. Does Rogue know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I guess the prowler is illegal outside Texas. Does Rogue know this?
    To put it another way, the prowler is effectively illegal to use. However, if I lived in a homeless encampment (and pushed a prowler)reporters would be dispatched from la times and mayors summoned to have photo ops with me.

Maybe they will relax these tight regulations after the secession. Go! Go! Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Maybe they will relax these tight regulations after the secession. Go! Go! Go!
    This secession ....or more up to the minute , division of California.. Is entirely bullshit political posturing.

starting strength coach development program
    That's damned disappointing. We'd all like to vote on it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast