starting strength gym

Thread: Travelliing and Looking for Gym in Phoenix

Default Travelliing and Looking for Gym in Phoenix

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm headed to Phoenix next week - 29 January to 4 February - and am looking for a good gym to do basic lifts. Anyone on the forum who can hook me up with a good place at a good price so I can get some training in while I'm there? My mom, who turns 80 next month is having cervical disc replacement, on Tuesday, and I want to make sure I can burn some stress of while I'm not hovering around the hospital.

Thx,
    Bill

East Valley CF in chandler has a pretty good Oly program. August Schmidt runs the place.

There are numerous LA Fitness locations in the area. Never have given me grief (nor do I know of anyone else who has gotten it) for doing deads and using chalk. All have power and squat racks (although at busy times a curler may be in them.) Out of town guests that I have taken have been able to buy a day pass.

Main drawback if you are doing deads or cleans is that some locations have those damn hex plates.

Which hospital?, I'll tell you if I know of a location nearby with round plates.

I think John C. Lincoln. I send some emails out to a couple places I found on powerliftingwatch.com and am headed to ATL to the airport now. Default is Golds but they ain't what they used to be. Thanks! Will check from my cell after TSA finishes examining my manhood for dangerous objects!