starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Chalk Allowed!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Other people laughing at the article while I sit here weeping because I realise how shit the gyms I have access to are...

This article was great. It had truth, was well-written, and was very entertaining.

Great writing style. Imagining a crossfitter on rollerskates coliding with a person doing TGUs on a smith machine made me laugh out loud for real.

Thanks Shaun, I really enjoyed the read. My amazing 130,000 square foot college fitness facility manages to have one squat rack and one power rack, and both are usually hoarded by bros doing curls or some other dumb shit. But hey, we have three preacher curl stations and about 15 machines dedicated to teh abz, so it can't be all that bad!!!

I thought it was really well written. I loved the humour, sadly I did most of the stupid shit he described as youth.

Reading it made me realize how lucky I am to have a rack and two platforms in my basement.

I can just imagine that somewhere, on some other board, someone just wrote an article titled "Too Much Chalk!"

The hypothetical author is fed up with state of gyms today. He is lamenting the good old days where gyms were social clubs, places where a man (and only a man) could play a little tennis or squash and sip on Gin and Tonic in the card room after showering up.

"If they’ll allow someone to train in their facility without paying $300 per month to be taught to spin a kettlebell on the nose while doing burpees, it’d be a viable option."

I lost it on that one. Great article. I'm glad I've never been to facilities like that one. Hearing accounts like this make me feel super fortunate to have only been in serious-minded weight rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by skadefryd View Post
    Hilarious, entertaining, well-written, accurate. Thanks, Shaun.
    +1...very well written

Really solid article. Like you I've witnessed everything in here and more. My Gold's recently banned deadlifting because apparently the sound of weights hitting the floor bothers members and the business below the gym. Don't ask why there is a business located below a ground-floor gym. I pointed out to the owner that the Gold's Gym logo is a picture of a guy deadlifting. He said he'd look into getting a platform, but at the earliest it would be Spring 2013 since he just added a "hack squat" (aka inclined smith machine leg press thing). Unforgiveable.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Shaun. Your article is absolutely brilliant and on point. Incredibly well written and entertaining.

I couldn't agree more with all of your observations. Looking forward to the next piece that you write.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast