starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wndtp

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodaki View Post
    It seems like the KDTP people had better progress in the squat and good but not as good progress in the deadlift compared to deadlift than the DTP people. Why do you think this is? Less squatting? Better customization to the individual?

On another note, I train at a university gym. It is fairly easy to tell the people who are doing SS or StrongLifts - for what it's worth almost without exception every person tops out at 110-120kg. It is very rare to see someone squat more than 120kg. Once these young men get up to two plates their squat goes to shit and they "reset" or stop lifting.

I think part of it is that the school semester dictates their recovery abilities - after 4-5 weeks they have assignments and exams, then they "get back into it" for a few weeks before they have exams and a break. So for a young person with average time management skills and for whom strength training is not a level 1 priority compared to socializing and school work once they get to 125% of bodyweight on the squat they fail to progress as they are not getting sufficient rest, nutrition, and/or consistency.
    Interesting. I'm 27 but very sleep compromised and that's exactly where I can't seem to get my squat past. At my peak of 208lb, my best lifts were 345 deadlift for 5 singles but 250x5 squat.

starting strength coach development program
    This article was referenced by Trent Jones and Robert Santana on the Weights and Plates podcast, I had to come and read it. Very Interesting read for sure. Is anyone still keeping tabs on the SS log data from the forum? It would be interesting to see if program adherence has changed over time. I would love to see more data / articles.

I bet there is a pile of data collected from the SS mobile app, would be interesting to see if that data set shows any differing trends.
    It is pretty conclusive that a 'self taught' trainee will fuck it up, despite Rip's best efforts. Which I don't think surprised anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12