starting strength gym

Thread: Nike Romaleo 3s?

Default Nike Romaleo 3s?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My sister is nagging me to make a thread on here. She was gonna get the Romaleo 2s but the 3s have just been released.

She tells me the reviews say they have more flex in the forefoot than the 2s do and someone even said they can be used for crossfit... not what I'd see as a good review. My concern would be the extra flex means the shoes might not last as long.

Anyone tried them or have any thoughts?

Colin Burns did a review on reddit/facebook. Google it

Hes a national ranked Oly weightlifter...So it's going to be a review related to WL'ing only....

...Not crossift
    Last edited by MBasic; 01-29-2017 at 07:40 AM.

This review seems pretty balanced:
    Comments

I don't agree with what he says about replacing them yearly. Unless you're aiming for Olympics or world's, your problem probably isn't footwear.

Another review here:
    https://asmanyreviewsaspossible.com/...-shoes-review/

I haven't seen them in person. A guy in my gym said he has tried them on and agreed with the sentiment that they seem to be better for weightlifting than powerlifting, especially relative to the Romaeos 2.

Only done two training sessions in them but I prefer them to the 2's slightly. The strap is much better since the metatarsal strap on the 2's was facing the wrong way, and it's not as long meaning it's not dangling off the the side of the shoe anymore.

Only differences I could tell having one on each foot was that the 3's were slightly less grippy, which might just be because the 2's have more scuffed soles, and the 3's are a narrower shoe which I like since I don't have wide feet. The 3's also don't make any noise whereas the 2's have a very loud creak when you're walking around.

The 2's will probably last longer than the 3's just because of the strap. The 3's have a plastic hook and loop (might break) and the loop is supported by leather which might stretch. The 2's have metal loops and are supported by nylon (or something similar) which is then stitched to the leather, which is really good from a longevity standpoint if you like to crank the strap.

The Romaleos 3's feel much like the Adipowers and MUCH different than the Romaleos 2's. If I could describe the Romaleos 2's in one word, it would be overbuilt. They are very supportive, but they are also relatively heavy and clunky with lots of extra material in the toe box. The new Reebok Legacy's feel like an updated version of the Romaleos 2's in many ways, with a better toe box.

They Romaleos 3's are still stiff w/ an incompressible heel and they can get very tight. The single strap is adequate- certainly as good as the double strap on the old Romaleos 2's. The Leistung 2 BOA system for the metatarsal strap only is genius, however.

I like them. They would be the perfect shoe if they had the lacing system Adidas has. Adidas would be perfect with a .75" heel. Reebok's are perfect for those looking for an updated Romaleos 2 IMO. No Bull's are pieces of shit.

Based on reviews that I have read, it looks like the romaleos 3's are running narrower than the 2's. Which sucks for us duck footers.

I have seen them and not really interested in them, the 2's are perfect for me and if they are the way Jordan says then I might as well get a 2nd pair of the 2's before they go out of stock.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the replies, all

Will pass these onto my sister and let her decide. I agree with the 2s being a bit clunky... they feel like a chore to put on/take off (especially with the 2 straps) so I actually put my knee sleeves on from my first warm up set to avoid having to faff around with them