starting strength gym

Thread: Pajama Boy Redux: The Male in Modern Society

Default Pajama Boy Redux: The Male in Modern Society

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Mark Rippetoe

The route from Beowulf to Pajama Boy has been a very long downhill slide. Popular culture has always shaped our standards and expectations, then as well as now. “Pajama Boy” – a term applied to the famous photo of an employee of Organizing For Action, a political advocacy group which supported Obamacare, is the current archetype of a new style of male – the government-approved, popular-culture-validated male...

Read article

Well stated! I enjoyed your article and honestly I have enjoyed learning from you so much. I agree with what you stated in the article to be very true, "It is good to be strong, whether you're a man or a woman, because your strength is intimately associated with your health and longevity, and ultimately your physical independence." However, we live in a culture where masculinity and our roles in society are quickly becoming "feminized" (no offense to any women reading this). I have worked hard these last 6 months and am very proud of the dedication and results. I am a former collegiate rower who trained mainly Type IIa fibers for power endurance. I am dedicated to developing pure strength for the rest of my life and maintaining overall health through diet, flexibility, and positive mental thinking. I am going to post that quote from your article in my classroom so that my students can read it everyday (I teach biology)

I have progressed this year in barbell training more so than I had ever expected. I have worked out in the past but learning how to perform the movements better than I ever have and this has made a huge difference (thanks to you and your books and youtube). After 6 months I am benching 320, squatting 445, and Deadlifting 470. Im 6'3.75" and 225lbs.

I am currently doing a microcycle of compensatory acceleration training....what are your thoughts on that? I value your feedback. Thanks!

Dem abs tho. This is a subject that is particularly irritating to me to be sure as a beard owner because my hometown is overrun with "lumbersexuals" - disgraceful. Personally I wear one because I hate shaving. Thank God I am safe from anything other than jeans and t-shirts because they don't make pastels and rompers in 3x. Bill is looking pretty sexy crushing those deads like a boss too.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    by Mark Rippetoe

The route from Beowulf to Pajama Boy has been a very long downhill slide. Popular culture has always shaped our standards and expectations, then as well as now. “Pajama Boy” – a term applied to the famous photo of an employee of Organizing For Action, a political advocacy group which supported Obamacare, is the current archetype of a new style of male – the government-approved, popular-culture-validated male...

Read article

Worth a watch for anyone who enjoyed this: Jordan Peterson - The Tragic Story of the Man-Child - YouTube