starting strength gym
Page 350 of 355 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 3545

Thread: KONG's Training and Self-rehab

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    I didn't know "clean" dancehall existed!
    LOL. Hence the quotes.

Older dancehall stuff rarely had foul language. Nowadays, it is rampant. Shabba Ranks lyrics from the 80's ("tingalingaling school bell ring / knife and fork a fight for dumpling") is "clean" relative to Tony Matterhorn lyrics in current dancehall ("fk inna di water, fk inna di sea / fk inna di bushes and fk inna di tree/ if you fk pon di bed, you not fkn me").

Old school was talking would talk around topics; so it would go over a kids head. New school is directly referencing topics and things related to it; so you need to turn the music off around children.

Same can be said for R&B. Peabo Bryson vs. Trey Songz.

Streak came to an end today. The hodgemonster didn't want to show up. It's totally my fault. I let other things take precendence over my training today and I didn't get started until 9-9:30 p.m. when usually I'm starting around 4:30-5 p.m. these days. I started and I was already tired. Caffeine didn't help and probably was stupid because it will now fk up my sleep. Anyway, tonight cannot take away from what a terrific training cycle this has been, especially the entire month of July despite the challenges and sad times. Every cycle has that one day. Today was it.

SQ: 455X3..slow af, 405X3 ez but meaningless at this point
    BPp: 395X2..where are my triceps tonight, 315X3 another ez but meaningless set
    BTE's 2 sets
    RDR's 2 sets
    NGPU's 3 sets

So, instead of staying mad about tonight, I'm going to reflect on how lucky I have been to experience some of dem gainzzz throughout the month of July with a video, then eat like a fatty and be as lazy as I can until either Tuesday or Wednesday where I will let the hodgemonster out one more time before the meet. "Realization" shall begin.

It turns out that I got some kind of sick Friday and then throughout the weekend I either had a cold or allergies were destroying my nasal passages. On Sunday, I weighed 287 lbs. That's 8 lbs loss from my high of 295 lbs. I got the allergy/cold under control thanks to OTC drugs, and I ate and ate and ate....and slept and slept and slept.

This afternoon, I weighed 295 again (Yay!) but we had some kind of plumbing "emergency" at the house, and the jerk plumber didn't give a heads up of when they were coming to the house. They called my wife when they were at the door but guess what? We are working people and not just chilling at home. They didn't even have the decency to call us to tell us that they scheduled us today. So my wife calls me up and asks what time I'm going to be home today to lift, and I gave her a time. She informed of the plumber debacle. So, I had to rush to get home because we already paid for this service. I got home and the plumber was not here. I called him up and he said he'd call me back in 15. He never called me back. After waiting over an hour, I left a message with the guy telling him that if he comes back, I'm going to be working and that he better ring the doorbell about 10 times because I'm going to be focused. He still never called back. My wife called him and he actually picked up. He was being a jerk to her. We cancelled the appointment and got a refund. I wish he did show up so I could show him the punishment for being a dick to my wife.

I guess the whole anger of this situation increased my T a bit because today went much better than I thought it would given Friday's disaster.

SQ: 405X1 455X1 505X1 540X1 505X2
    1/2 PBJ and glass of milk break
    BPp: 315X1 395X1 430X1 455X1 430X2
    DL: 315X1 405X1 495X1 545X1 585X1
    Finished other 1/2 of PBJ
    and ate the remaining half of my Chicken Giambrotta from one of the local Italian eateries....so good!

Still awake because caffeine at 6 p.m. will do that to ya! No caffeine til August 6th when the hodgemonster will arise again.

It's gonna be fun. Let's fuck shit up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    LOL. Hence the quotes.

Older dancehall stuff rarely had foul language. Nowadays, it is rampant. Shabba Ranks lyrics from the 80's ("tingalingaling school bell ring / knife and fork a fight for dumpling") is "clean" relative to Tony Matterhorn lyrics in current dancehall ("fk inna di water, fk inna di sea / fk inna di bushes and fk inna di tree/ if you fk pon di bed, you not fkn me").

Old school was talking would talk around topics; so it would go over a kids head. New school is directly referencing topics and things related to it; so you need to turn the music off around children.

Same can be said for R&B. Peabo Bryson vs. Trey Songz.
    My roommate in college freshman year was a Guyanese dude who grew up in Queens. He introduced me to Buju, Beenie Man and all those reggae gold CD's. That was good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tdood View Post
    It's gonna be fun. Let's fuck shit up!
    Are you guys doing the same Meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Are you guys doing the same Meet?
    Heck yeah! 4 years in a row, August meet!

Stupid Northeast Regionals...would much rather compete with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by tdood View Post
    Heck yeah! 4 years in a row, August meet!
    Nice

starting strength coach development program
    I know a Guyanese dood too Ryan
    Tdood: 2014, 2015, 2016, and now 2017 wow, It really has been 4 years. That first year, I was like, "Hey guy you ever tried nose tork? It adds like 50 lbs to your lift." Didn't know you from nothing but that's how lifting is. People can become frandz.
    Nik, "irregardless" of the competition, I want to train at some point to get pushed by your herculean self.

A much better Friday compared to last. I also was not even sore but I lacked some pop which is understandable based on my pattern. Everything moved real nahce. Massive deload next week...not en vogue but I can't argue with the data from my last 4 meets. I will keep doing it this way until it stops working.

PWSB (been forgetting to put this...it has not gone away)
    SQ: 135X3, 225X3, 315X2, 405X1, 455X3ez
    KP: barX3, 135X3, 185X2, 215X3X3ez
    DL: 315X3, 405X3, 475X3ez
    NGPU: 3 sets to pump
    RDR: 2 sets to pump
    BTE: 2 sets to pump
    Spinal decompression to feels good man

My body is ready.