Started out my squat programming very light. Today's focus was on speed, technique, and keeping rest periods short. I was happy hearing the plates really rattling at the top of each rep.
Gotta get used to deadlifting after squatting again. Today felt pretty good. 500 came up pretty fast. The SLDLs really suprised me, I was expecting alot more. I need to go back and look at my log and see what happened. I know I did 415 x 5 a few weeks ago, but I think that may have been from the floor and not standing on the mats. Anyways, the goal was 5-10 reps and that certainly didn't happen.
1) Protein Shake, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 banana
2) Chicken Breast, 1 cup Rice (dry), 1 Apple
3) 1 Carton Egg Whites, 1 scoop Protein, 1 Banana
4) 1 Giant Chicken Breast w/ BBQ sauce
1) Protein Shake, 1 cup Oatmeal, 1 carton Blackberries
2) Tilapia Filet, 1/2 cup Rice (dry), 1 Banana
3) Tilapia Filet, 1/2 cup Rice (dry), 1 Apple
4) Tilapia Filet, 1/2 cup Rice (dry)
5) T-Bone Steak, Grilled Asparagus
6) 3 Beers - Oops
Last edited by Andy Baker (KSC); 02-25-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Lose fat, keep muscle. Nobody does it better than bodybuilders.
Two weeks out I want to be about 192-193. I take the opposite approach than most. I get below my contest weight, and then steadily increase calories and start gaining weight into the meet. I cut weight fast one time for a meet and did horribly.