starting strength gym
Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Training to be America's Strongest Organist

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Klemetson View Post
    Prowler today. The feet that are sold separately are pretty awesome... no scratches on the driveway at all. Probably up the weight next time.
    Can you hook me up with some links? I want to get a prowler but have no where to do it except on asphalt. I'd prefer not to get fined for scraping up the road in front of my house if I can help it.

Or should I forgo that thought due to burning through skids like crazy?
    Last edited by amsgator; 11-25-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    Can you hook me up with some links? I want to get a prowler but have no where to do it except on asphalt. I'd prefer not to get fined for scraping up the road in front of my house if I can help it.

Or should I forgo that thought due to burning through skids like crazy?
    I should amend that I don't have a Prowler®. I have a Westside Butcher from Rogue, which sells UHMW feet for it. I've only used the skis a few times, but they're pretty thick and it looks like they'll hold up for a good long while.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-butcher

I should amend that I don't have a Prowler®. I have a Westside Butcher from Rogue, which sells UHMW feet for it. I've only used the skis a few times, but they're pretty thick and it looks like they'll hold up for a good long while.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-butcher
    Cool, I've give it a gander. Thanks.

No problem.

So, today I did Thanksgiving deadlifts and bench presses. It's raining outside today, so no frying turkey. I'll move that to tomorrow.

Messed around with some snatches and cleans today. For some reason, full cleans were feeling really good. It's never been an exercise I've excelled at, but we'll see how far I can get them to go.

Time for pie.

My last two sessions have been full of squats, presses, chins, dips, and even some shrugs for fun.

I'm only a couple of weeks away from being able to log and train more diligently. This bit of a hiatus has stoked the fire, and I have a ton of ideas for blog posts, videos, etc. All I need is time, and I will have more of it after the first of the year. Looking forward to it and to becoming a more worthwhile member of the SS community.

Hurt myself yesterday. I was standing on top of a homemade podium. Whoever built it decided it would be a good idea let the surface of the standing area extend over the base of the platform. So I let my weight get too far on to one side, and down I went. Cracked hip first into the aforementioned lip of the now-sideways podium.

I was fine right afterward, but about 8 hours later I could feel some swelling and could see a bruise. Now this morning, I have a bruise the size of a softball on my right glute/hamstring area, and what's worse is I have a constant mostly-dull-but-occasionally-sharp pain in my left SI joint area.

Going to go try and squat this morning, but we'll see.

Hurt myself yesterday. I was standing on top of a homemade podium. Whoever built it decided it would be a good idea let the surface of the standing area extend over the base of the platform. So I let my weight get too far on to one side, and down I went. Cracked hip first into the aforementioned lip of the now-sideways podium.

I was fine right afterward, but about 8 hours later I could feel some swelling and could see a bruise. Now this morning, I have a bruise the size of a softball on my right glute/hamstring area, and what's worse is I have a constant mostly-dull-but-occasionally-sharp pain in my left SI joint area.

Going to go try and squat this morning, but we'll see.
    That's a bummer, Nick. Hope it goes well.

I suppose it could have been a teeny bit worse . . silver lining right?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    That's a bummer, Nick. Hope it goes well.
    Thanks buddy. You've been through a lot worse than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jones View Post
    I suppose it could have been a teeny bit worse . . silver lining right?

That's pretty much exactly what happened to me the one time I tried to ride a skateboard.

Anyway, squats and presses were fine, chins were not. Banded chins were not. Inverted rows were sort of okay, but I felt a bit of a neck strain doing them, so I pulled the plug.

All in all, I feel fine.

Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast