starting strength gym
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 1400 Total @ 148?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Levon_Xidyn View Post
    What were you lifting when you started out??

Amazing!
    I think I benched 140 right around the time I started lifting. Squat was sub 200. Deadlift was like 225 for 3-5 shitty reps. Power clean was around 150. Power snatch was around 100. How about you?

Not sure of the very beginning since I didn't start out lifting but something like ~95 bench, ~50 press, didn't squat, didn't deadlift but probably ~135 and ~150 respectively at 120ish BW, 13 y/o.

Should definitely be competing. Those are big numbers.

Not sure of the very beginning since I didn't start out lifting but something like ~95 bench, ~50 press, didn't squat, didn't deadlift but probably ~135 and ~150 respectively at 120ish BW, 13 y/o.
    That's good that you got started young. I didn't pick up a barbell until I was at least 18. How old are you now and what are your numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by trapntan View Post
    Should definitely be competing. Those are big numbers.
    I plan to. Hopefully December if I'm feeling good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape288 View Post
    That's good that you got started young. I didn't pick up a barbell until I was at least 18. How old are you now and what are your numbers?
    19, and my bests so far are 395x5 deadlift, 355x5 squat, 225x5 paused bench (on and off with this lift), and 175x1 press at 190.

Most of that time in between 13 and 19 was competing in track in school, not lifting. Started lifting seriously about 8 months ago, maybe one day I'll be as awesome as you.

I have a log over in the general section if you'd like to check it out.

I enjoy a lifter of your caliber being here, but im curious what brings you to starting strength forums?
    Last edited by Levon_Xidyn; 10-19-2014 at 08:54 PM.

19, and my bests so far are 395x5 deadlift, 355x5 squat, 225x5 paused bench (on and off with this lift), and 175x1 press at 190.

Most of that time in between 13 and 19 was competing in track in school, not lifting. Started lifting seriously about 8 months ago, maybe one day I'll be as awesome as you.

I have a log over in the general section if you'd like to check it out.

I enjoy a lifter of your caliber being here, but im curious what brings you to starting strength forums?
    That's solid man, you're light years ahead of where I was at that age. Just keep at it. The first thing I tell everyone who ask me for advice is consistency is the most important factor. If you consistently bust your ass for the next 5 years, you'll be stronger than 99% of people. I'll check out your log.

I was just looking for somewhere to log my training and whatnot. I'm not the biggest fan of all of Rippetoe's ideas, but I do enjoy the hell out of his writing so I figured I'd check out the forum.

Finally back to squatting again. I took 3 weeks off because that one wide stance session I experimented with absolutely destroyed my hip and I just needed to give it some rest. I managed to hit 485, but my technique was a little bit off after that break and I think I cut it a bit high. I can't quite tell where the hip crease is because the sweats, but it felt high. Also, I kept getting pulled forward which almost never happens to me. I came up on my toes on the 455 before this but was able to bully it back into position. Then I took 485 and basically just fell on my face the first attempt lol. I took it again and focused on keeping my chest up and managed to stand up with it. Other than that I did some sit ups and some vertical jumps, and my legs are sore as hell even though I basically did almost no volume. Here's to picking things back up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5r26grrhs

Max Out On Squats Every Day Part 2

Made a follow up video to my first video about how to build up to squatting heavy every day. This one goes into a little bit more detail about 2 of the concepts that I use to guide my own daily squatting adventures. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NElImCiu3eo

starting strength coach development program
    525lbs raw w/wraps squat @ 157lbs

The increased squatting frequency is finally starting to pay off. I hit 515 and 525 easily on Tuesday. With my ability to grind I'd say I left 10-15lbs in the tank. I wish I had loaded the bar to 530 instead. But 525lbs is still a 10lbs PR. Now I just need to focus on increasing the quality of the lifts at his weight, because they were a little high. I had never wrapped the wraps this tight before and the stopping power kind of amazed me. I actually bruised hamstring tendon on the back of my right thigh lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5rL-ISHFs

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast