3-1-3 Tempo Bench
    240x5x3 (@8.5,8,8.5)
    I see that! Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Great deadlifting!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Baraki View Post
    I see that! Nice.
    Thanks, man. Still some room to grow there.

BW (5/27 morning): 237.6#
    BW (5/28): NM

TRAC: Add 1 set

2017-05-28 - C3W10D1
    Squat w/ belt
    480x1 @6
    510x1 @7?
    540x1 @8, .32 m/s
    505x2 @9.5, oops
    475x3 @8
    475x3 @9
    450x3 @8
    450x3 @8
    Making good progress. Got a little too amped up for the top single, then calmed way down for the first triple and just didn't have as much strength there.

Video: Instagram

3-1-3 Tempo Bench
    245x5x3 (@8,8,8)
    Easy.

Press v1
    120x8 @6
    125x8 @7
    130x8 @8.5
    130x8 @9
    120x8 @10
    105x8 @9
    95x8 @8

I'm a little late but congrats on the Deadlift Triple PR!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    I'm a little late but congrats on the Deadlift Triple PR!
    Thanks, Chris! Almost had another one today.

BW (5/29 morning): 238.2#

2017-05-29 - C3W10D2
    Deadlift w/ belt
    495x1 @6
    525x1 @7
    555x1 @8
    515x2, failed 3rd. Belt moved around after each rep...fudge
    495x3 @9
    470x3 @8.5
    470x3 @8
    Experimented with a little narrower stance and a little narrower hand placement (maybe one finger per side). Felt alright. I think I need to rock back a little and really emphasize "chest up". Back is not set as well as I want it to be.

I have to move the Wahlanders up a little bit (~1") after putting it on, otherwise it gets bumped out of position and screws me up on subsequent reps.

Video: Instagram

Squat (no belt)
    325x5 @5.5
    355x5 @7
    375x5 @8
    375x5 @9
    355x5 @8
    355x5 @8
    Hot, tired...
    #rekt
    #ded
    #pwnd
    Last edited by manveer; 05-29-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Squats 2 days in a row. You crazy bruh.

Mike T does that kind of crap all the time. I had Comp Squats yesterday and a 303 Tempo Squat density set planned for today. Makes for a grueling session and I'm not even at Manveer's strength levels (so the weights are lighter).

Nice work as usual, Manveer. Nice to see that things seem to be progressing well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    Squats 2 days in a row. You crazy bruh.
    I guess it works? Squatting again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jwagner View Post
    Mike T does that kind of crap all the time. I had Comp Squats yesterday and a 303 Tempo Squat density set planned for today. Makes for a grueling session and I'm not even at Manveer's strength levels (so the weights are lighter).

Nice work as usual, Manveer. Nice to see that things seem to be progressing well for you.
    Does Mike write your programming?

Thanks. I'm not even benching much, so this should've been more grueling. The upside to this programming is that every third week is a deload (RTS-style). I do like the sprint-and-rest approach better than the long, slow grind that a lot of RTS programming involves. That's why Mark put me on this program.

So far, I can't argue with the results.
    Last edited by manveer; 05-30-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Does Mike write your programming?
    I'm doing Guided Programming, so I think he's the one that has created all of the strategies used, but it's not tailored to me specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Thanks. I'm not even benching much, so this should've been more grueling. The upside to this programming is that every third week is a deload (RTS-style). I do like the sprint-and-rest approach better than the long, slow grind that a lot of RTS programming involves. That's why Mark put me on this program.

So far, I can't argue with the results.
    The group I'm in has something similar except a little more drawn out. The blocks seem to be 3-4 weeks long with an RTS-style deload between blocks (I've heard Mike refer to them as pivot cycles on some podcast or another). I definitely appreciate the three week blocks more than the four week ones. The four week blocks really feel like a grind and I think I got pretty close to my MRV if not just past it on the last one. Luckily TRAC steps in and helps moderate the volume in those situations keeping me from just pushing even further into no man's land.

To me, it's funny that I always thought TM was going to be too brutal for me being in my 30s so stuck with HLM before switching to RTS. Now, my "deload" weeks are pretty close to TM with 6x4 on all three main lifts in the first two days. I think it probably points to the lack of work capacity development that has been argued in the programming forum recently more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jwagner View Post
    I'm doing Guided Programming, so I think he's the one that has created all of the strategies used, but it's not tailored to me specifically.

The group I'm in has something similar except a little more drawn out. The blocks seem to be 3-4 weeks long with an RTS-style deload between blocks (I've heard Mike refer to them as pivot cycles on some podcast or another). I definitely appreciate the three week blocks more than the four week ones. The four week blocks really feel like a grind and I think I got pretty close to my MRV if not just past it on the last one. Luckily TRAC steps in and helps moderate the volume in those situations keeping me from just pushing even further into no man's land.

To me, it's funny that I always thought TM was going to be too brutal for me being in my 30s so stuck with HLM before switching to RTS. Now, my "deload" weeks are pretty close to TM with 6x4 on all three main lifts in the first two days. I think it probably points to the lack of work capacity development that has been argued in the programming forum recently more than anything.
    Ah, OK. I did GP for a while last year. Mike probably writes most of it, but gets input from other RTS coaches.

Yeah, TM is not easy, but I feel like all the programming I've gotten from RTS has been harder.

###

Updates:
    Ordered the OpenBarbell v3 tonight. That'll be cool. I sorta crushed my v1 and even though the internals have been upgraded to what the v2 has, it sometimes doesn't unspool smoothly.

Registered for my first actual PL meet (i.e. I'll be bench pressing). It's in Morgantown, WV on 8/19. Mark will be there, so that will be helpful. A bit nervous already.

starting strength coach development program
    Lots of great news here.

Envious of the v3, too.