Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,237 of 1237

Thread: Manveer Gets Competitive

  1. #1231
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    4,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Are you supposed to chalk the bar or the shirt? No idea on how I can chalk my own shoulders. My flexibility is shit.
    Just my hands, since they are what is sliding. I never noticed a difference when chalking my back. And I can't chalk my own back either...

  2. #1232
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    4,350

    Default

    You take your shirt off and chalk it. Where the bar sits from your warmup will be apparent.Put the shirt back on.

  3. #1233
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FlabLabę«
    Posts
    9,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    You take your shirt off and chalk it. Where the bar sits from your warmup will be apparent.Put the shirt back on.
    Common: an obvious solution avoided my reasoning.

  4. #1234

    Default Manveer Gets Competitive

    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Are you supposed to chalk the bar or the shirt? No idea on how I can chalk my own shoulders. My flexibility is shit.
    I used to chalk shirt but it's so grippy lately it makes it harder to get in position. Opb so sharp.

    Also chalked shirt for some reason makes the bar tan come out like crazy. Not as much without shirt.

    Mmm I can get narrow but then elbows and biceps hate me. My grip is fucked

  5. #1235
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Farmington, New Mexico
    Posts
    4,350

    Default

    Bar tans are cool.
    people spend good money on ink for that kind of custom look.

  6. #1236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Bar tans are cool.
    people spend good money on ink for that kind of custom look.
    lulz.

    I think I started chalking my back because I was using a stupid Rogue bar with no center knurling. Now that I've got a center knurled bar (but not Rogue, boo) I probably don't need to, but habit now. Also makes me seem more awesome lifting my over-3-plates at LA Fitness, so there's that....

  7. #1237
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    4,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    I used to chalk shirt but it's so grippy lately it makes it harder to get in position. Opb so sharp.

    Also chalked shirt for some reason makes the bar tan come out like crazy. Not as much without shirt.

    Mmm I can get narrow but then elbows and biceps hate me. My grip is fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    lulz.

    I think I started chalking my back because I was using a stupid Rogue bar with no center knurling. Now that I've got a center knurled bar (but not Rogue, boo) I probably don't need to, but habit now. Also makes me seem more awesome lifting my over-3-plates at LA Fitness, so there's that....
    Seems like the center knurling barely touches my back. Center knurl, chalk... doesn't really feel any different to me.

    I started getting pain in my arms from thumbs-around and narrower grip, but I think I fixed it. Just have to make sure my upper back is super tight and I feel it take all the weight of the bar when I unrack. Strong unrack and walkout are an important part of strong squats, IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Bar tans are cool.
    people spend good money on ink for that kind of custom look.
    Ha, I have a dark line across my back all the time. More pronounced after the third squat session in a week.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •