starting strength gym
Page 113 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1319

Thread: Manveer Gets Competitive

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by idlehands View Post
    How did you get your grip narrow ? Mine has slowly crept out due to pain when it was narrow. Course now I can't even squat with any grip I've found. (Stop doing curls. No. )
    Just slowly started using a narrower grip, one finger width per side narrower at a time. Also switched to thumbs-around most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Are you supposed to chalk the bar or the shirt? No idea on how I can chalk my own shoulders. My flexibility is shit.
    Just my hands, since they are what is sliding. I never noticed a difference when chalking my back. And I can't chalk my own back either...

You take your shirt off and chalk it. Where the bar sits from your warmup will be apparent.Put the shirt back on.

Default Manveer Gets Competitive

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Are you supposed to chalk the bar or the shirt? No idea on how I can chalk my own shoulders. My flexibility is shit.
    I used to chalk shirt but it's so grippy lately it makes it harder to get in position. Opb so sharp.

Also chalked shirt for some reason makes the bar tan come out like crazy. Not as much without shirt.

Mmm I can get narrow but then elbows and biceps hate me. My grip is fucked

Bar tans are cool.
    people spend good money on ink for that kind of custom look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Bar tans are cool.
    lulz.

I think I started chalking my back because I was using a stupid Rogue bar with no center knurling. Now that I've got a center knurled bar (but not Rogue, boo) I probably don't need to, but habit now. Also makes me seem more awesome lifting my over-3-plates at LA Fitness, so there's that....

I used to chalk shirt but it's so grippy lately it makes it harder to get in position. Opb so sharp.

Also chalked shirt for some reason makes the bar tan come out like crazy. Not as much without shirt.

Mmm I can get narrow but then elbows and biceps hate me. My grip is fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    lulz.

I think I started chalking my back because I was using a stupid Rogue bar with no center knurling. Now that I've got a center knurled bar (but not Rogue, boo) I probably don't need to, but habit now. Also makes me seem more awesome lifting my over-3-plates at LA Fitness, so there's that....
    Seems like the center knurling barely touches my back. Center knurl, chalk... doesn't really feel any different to me.

I started getting pain in my arms from thumbs-around and narrower grip, but I think I fixed it. Just have to make sure my upper back is super tight and I feel it take all the weight of the bar when I unrack. Strong unrack and walkout are an important part of strong squats, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    Bar tans are cool.
    Ha, I have a dark line across my back all the time. More pronounced after the third squat session in a week.

BW (6/22): NM

Sleep (6/21 evening): ~7.5h

2017-06-22 - C3W13D4
    Deadlift w/ belt +95# chain (bar weight only listed below)
    405x2 @6
    435x2 @7.5 wtf
    445x2 @8.5, back not flat on second rep, locking out was a struggle
    445x2 @9
    420x2 @8
    420x2 @7.5
    Derp. Not the best. Been a tough week. Gonna stop beating myself up over it.

Video: Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Seems like the center knurling barely touches my back. Center knurl, chalk... doesn't really feel any different to me.

I started getting pain in my arms from thumbs-around and narrower grip, but I think I fixed it. Just have to make sure my upper back is super tight and I feel it take all the weight of the bar when I unrack. Strong unrack and walkout are an important part of strong squats, IMO.

Ha, I have a dark line across my back all the time. More pronounced after the third squat session in a week.
    This. I started to get wider grip for some reason. Which felt less shelfy upper back. I kinda wonder if that's exacerbating my issue. You may be onto something

starting strength coach development program
    This. I started to get wider grip for some reason. Which felt less shelfy upper back. I kinda wonder if that's exacerbating my issue. You may be onto something
    Make sure the bar's not too low.

BW (6/23 morning): 240.0#

Sleep (6/22 evening): ~7h

2017-06-23 - GPP
    Airdyne
    15:00
    HR (avg/max): 112/118
    Slackin'.

Pendlay Rows - 10 mins
    215x9 @8
    215x5 @7.5
    215x5 @8