starting strength gym
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Mahendra's log of GainzZz

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    You should grow a beard. Then every time you see your reflection in the mirror, the sheer ruggedness will summon the primal urge to display your manhood by hoisting heavy shit.

Grow the beard.
    Bruh... I wish I could grow a beard. If I start growing facial hair, it's all patchy at best! Surely, all of my shirtless selfies are evidence of my inability to grow hair anywhere except for my head.

At last count I had... 14 chest hairs?

Attempting to grow a beard would be demoralizing.

Good morning fellow lifters!

April 21st, 2017 - Friday

AMBW: 135.8lbs
    Start: 6:39 A.M.
    End: 8:32 A.M.
    Time: 113 minutes

2 Count Paused Deadlift (Unbelted)

315x1 @8
    260x1x15 EMOM

RDL's

220x8x3

Dumbbell Lunges

40x8x3

Dumbbell Bench Press (FU)

60lbs: 10, 10
    50lbs: 10, 8

Dumbbell Incline Press

40lbs: 10, 10

Dumbbell Seal Rows

50lbs: 7
    40lbs: 9, 9, 9, 9

Dragon Flags

15 reps - 10 rounds

~ 20 seconds rest

Instagram

Notes

Great workout this morning, and it seems that my motivation has returned. I guess I was just in a slight funk earlier this week. I rested for ~ 2 minutes on everything except deadlifts (EMOM) and dragon flags (20 seconds).

Paused Deadlift - These are awful, but I'll do what I need to do to work on a flat back.

RDL's - Good

Lunges - Oh my quads...I'm doing lunges for now since I can't seem to front squat or high bar squat due to my right thigh pain/tightness/whateverthefuckitis.

Dumbbell Bench, Incline, Rows - SWOLE time.

Dragon flags - Good stuff

Lots of dumbbell work for teh SWOLE. Lot's of gold info being shared in these forums and I try to pick up small tidbits here and there to assist my training. Higher rep full ROM work is for teh Hypertrophy based on some of Izzy's videos.

I think that's all for now. I do hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend

Cheers!

Good evening fellow lifters!

April 22nd, 2017 - Saturday

AMBW: 135.6lbs
    7 day average: 136.3lbs
    Waist: 28.625"
    BF % (Navy): 11.3%

Bro day

Chin ups - 7 minute density block - 56 reps (I think this is a PR)
    Side raises
    Rear delt raises
    Upright rows
    Dumbbell curls
    Cardio - Air bike - 35 minutes

Good workout yesterday. Not much to say!

On another note, I didn't do anything today at all and sometimes it's psychologically hard for me to do that.

Have a wonderful night everyone!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    On another note, I didn't do anything today at all and sometimes it's psychologically hard for me to do that.
    I know that feeling well.

You are allowed to give yourself a break every once in a while though! You train really hard...

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post

You are allowed to give yourself a break every once in a while though! You train really hard...
    This! It's hard for me as well, as we've talked a bit. But I think it's important to reframe it. A day off isn't "not doing anything" - it's maximizing recovery for the next training session!

Lots of dumbbell work for teh SWOLE. Lot's of gold info being shared in these forums and I try to pick up small tidbits here and there to assist my training. Higher rep full ROM work is for teh Hypertrophy based on some of Izzy's videos.
    This is so true. The forums have blown up with very valuable information these past couple of months, and Izzy is definitely one of the strongest contributors with lots of high-value content, especially on YT.

How is your thigh feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post

Thanks Ben I had to fight myself to not do anything, and I'm glad I did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by NikhilT View Post
    This! It's hard for me as well, as we've talked a bit. But I think it's important to reframe it. A day off isn't "not doing anything" - it's maximizing recovery for the next training session!
    Thanks Nikhil, and I agree with you. It is maximizing recovery for the next training session and it is important. I need to remind myself of this next time I feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    This is so true. The forums have blown up with very valuable information these past couple of months, and Izzy is definitely one of the strongest contributors with lots of high-value content, especially on YT.

How is your thigh feeling?
    Completely agree. Izzy's videos, as well as posts by him and others, have been extremely valuable.

My thigh is feeling better, but I can still feel discomfort during warmups. I felt "something" in my thigh during my top single this morning, and also felt "something" during some volume work. However, none of it was painful, thankfully. I need to foam roll more.

Thanks for asking

April 24th, 2017 - Monday

AMBW: 137.0lbs
    7 Day Avg: 136.3lbs
    Start: 6:41 A.M.
    End: 8:41 A.M.
    Time: 120 minutes

4 weeks out

Comp Squat

310x1 @8.5 - 0.28 m/s
    250x4x6 - RPE 7 - 8

~ 3 minutes rest

Comp Bench Press

210x1 @8.5 - 0.22 m/s
    172.5x4x6 - RPE 7 - 7.5

~ 3 minutes rest

Strict Press

120x3x4
    97.5x9

~ 3 minutes rest

Instagram

Notes

Overall, a solid workout this morning.

Squat - I managed to add 5lbs to my top set, and it moved quicker than last week. To be fair, last weeks probably didn't move as fast due to a technical error. Regardless, this is still good. Volume sets moved well, too.

However, I did feel a slight discomfort in my thigh on my top single, but it was nothing painful. I probably felt some discomfort on 1 or 2 reps during volume sets, but again, nothing painful.

Bench Press - My top set could have been an 8, but I wasn't confident, so I rated it 8.5. I will probably add 2.5lbs to my top set for next week, but we'll see how things go. Volume sets were good.

Press - Good

I received an email from the meet director yesterday asking me what song I'd like them to play during my 3rd deadlift attempt. This is awesome & I need to think of a song. My last meet had NO music at all, which sucked. Hopefully this means that they'll play music throughout the entire meet.

I guess now that I'm 4 weeks out, I should start thinking about attempts. IF things go well with training over the next 2-3 weeks, I hope that I can achieve the following 3rd attempts:

Squat - 147.5kg (325lbs)
    Bench Press - 102.5kg (225lbs)
    Deadlift - 195kg (430lbs) --> If I get this, it would tie my all time Deadlift PR set 1 year ago today... @ 178lbs / 80.7kg.

I think that's all for now. I do hope everyone has an amazing Monday!

Cheers!

I received an email from the meet director yesterday asking me what song I'd like them to play during my 3rd deadlift attempt. This is awesome & I need to think of a song.
    Mozart’s "Requiem in D minor, K. 626, II. Sequenz – Dies Irae"

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Mozart’s "Requiem in D minor, K. 626, II. Sequenz – Dies Irae"
    This is growing on me.

__________________________________________________ ______

April 25th, 2017 - Tuesday

AMBW: 137.0lbs
    Start: 6:45 A.M.
    End: 8:22 A.M.
    Time: 97 minutes

Comp Deadlift

385x1 @9 - 0.19 m/s
    310x1x15 EMOM

TnG Bench Press

167.5x8 @8
    167.5x8 @8.5
    167.5x8 @9

~ 3 minutes rest

Dumbbell Rows

70lbs: 10, 10, 8

~ 1 minute rest

Pull Ups

6, 6, 6

~ 1 minute rest

Dragon Flags

13 reps - 11 rounds

~ 20 seconds rest

Instagram

Notes

Overall, a good workout this morning. Other than the fact that I seemingly can't add, it went well.

Deadlift - My top single was supposed to be 380lbs, but for some reason (probably plate math) I loaded 385lbs and pulled. Meh, it was still an @9 single, so that's good I suppose.

TnG Bench - A bit harder than I expected, but OK.

Dumbbell Rows - I really dislike barbell rows, so I'll cycle dumbell rows and dumbbell seal rows instead.

Pull Ups - Much harder than chin ups.

Dragon Flags - When I filmed these on Friday, I noticed I wasn't lowering my legs enough, so I fixed that and my reps dropped.

That should be all for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Cheers!

starting strength coach development program
    Get them to play King Fu fighting

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast