starting strength gym
Page 2285 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1285178521852235227522832284228522862287229523352385 ... LastLast
Results 22,841 to 22,850 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    Ok, a few cool newer things in this video, but...

GYM FAILS 2017 - NEW YEAR SAME ME - YouTube

Serious question about exercise number 1 and that dude at 3.20.

Actually, i think he was already posted to this thread some time ago, but i just shrugged it off as a weird attempt at....whatever.

Can't really describe it, must be watched, but does this....movement, in fact, have a name?
    It can't be a coincidence, with this crossfit girl doing it too, so what's the idea behind it?
    Sorry to quote myself and re post an already posted video, but....real concern about girl number one and guy at 3.20

WHAT IS IT???

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

Instagram

Maybe just squat instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    Brodie, your Twitter profile pic makes me think you get your shirts at the same place as Ramsay. Same arm gestures as well.
    Last edited by Jr_Geezer; 04-27-2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    Instagram

Maybe just squat instead?
    That is ski specific, squats are not. BOOM.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Brodie, your Twitter profile pic makes me think you get your shirts at the same place as Ramsay. Same arm gestures as well.
    Now that's funny...I see it now that you mention it.

Maybe at the next SS Strengthlifting competition I judge I'll start out the rules meeting with: "It's...RAW! It's fooking RAW!"

I've posted about this trainer before, she's maybe 5'4" in her lifting shoes and all of 110lbs after a couple hours at the buffet. Routinely snatches around 200lbs, it's preposterous. So yesterday I'm benching and watching her squat 285lbs for 3-4 reps, it's got to be nearly 3x her bodyweight, excellent form, multiple sets...

All while another, male, trainer is "working in" with her, walking around, psyching himself up, wrapping his knees, taking off his shoes, bodyweight squatting, stretching... for like, half an hour (the whole time I was benching). I never saw him squat but he sure got ready! Tiny trainer finishes her work sets, drops back to 225, does a couple more, I'm thinking maybe dude is gonna jump in now? Nope. She cleans off the bar and sits down to change her shoes, and he disappears while I'm doing my last set. Never saw him again & never saw him touch the barbell - and I was watching! I wound up resting a bit long once as he approached the power cage with a fierce look in his eye, but all he did was step in, flex at himself in the mirror, and step out.

I wish I knew wtf he was doing with the knee & ankle wraps. He was stomping around for a good 2-3 minutes all wrapped up, then I went to do a set and when I was done he was unwrapped (and tiny trainer had been squatting the whole time).

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleman View Post
    I've posted about this trainer before, she's maybe 5'4" in her lifting shoes and all of 110lbs after a couple hours at the buffet. Routinely snatches around 200lbs, it's preposterous. So yesterday I'm benching and watching her squat 285lbs for 3-4 reps, it's got to be nearly 3x her bodyweight, excellent form, multiple sets...

All while another, male, trainer is "working in" with her, walking around, psyching himself up, wrapping his knees, taking off his shoes, bodyweight squatting, stretching... for like, half an hour (the whole time I was benching). I never saw him squat but he sure got ready! Tiny trainer finishes her work sets, drops back to 225, does a couple more, I'm thinking maybe dude is gonna jump in now? Nope. She cleans off the bar and sits down to change her shoes, and he disappears while I'm doing my last set. Never saw him again & never saw him touch the barbell - and I was watching! I wound up resting a bit long once as he approached the power cage with a fierce look in his eye, but all he did was step in, flex at himself in the mirror, and step out.

I wish I knew wtf he was doing with the knee & ankle wraps. He was stomping around for a good 2-3 minutes all wrapped up, then I went to do a set and when I was done he was unwrapped (and tiny trainer had been squatting the whole time).
    I think this is called "autoregulation."

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post

TV station is suing them for something over it

Wisconsin TV station suing over prank by ridiculous fitness 'experts' | FOX Sports