starting strength gym
Page 2294 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 1294179421942244228422922293229422952296230423442394 ... LastLast
Results 22,931 to 22,940 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    1337 swordfighting skillz. He could easily incorporate rice in his training.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    better form than some around here, maybe even some SCCs: 430 Pound Deadlift Lifetime PR in the Temple of the Sun - YouTube

... 8 1/2 bodies seems like a good starting point

under
    Possibly crazier than Elliot Hulse guy gets a belt and in a year goes from a 405 Castro deadlift to a 430 legit DL. Not bad.

I'm going to say no bodies in the freezer but a full length skin costume made from a dead hobo.
    Last edited by MPhelps; 05-19-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BASE View Post
    WTF was that? Looked like his arm broke. I have band pegs on the top and bottom of my rack but I could never convince myself there was any good reason to use them. Who the hell needs to work on their strength at the top? Geared lifters maybe?
    Lots of people. What do you think slingshots do? And chains. Jordan has me do all of that stuff.
    I still have a shitty bench though.

Performed a set of four at 1xBW on the bench with immaculate form, and this dickhead ruins it by trying to give me advice, and insisting despite my declining several times. Saw him earlier do quarter squats on the smith.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    Performed a set of four at 1xBW on the bench with immaculate form, and this dickhead ruins it by trying to give me advice, and insisting despite my declining several times. Saw him earlier do quarter squats on the smith.
    He used to bench over 400 in high school. And also squatted 500, but going too deep killed his knees.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    Well that was a brief hiatus after getting depantsed over trying to hack Shuggoth's account.

You have now proven yourself JUST like Shuggoth.

Incapable of living up to the useless BS you post about ignoring others or leaving.

So I thought I had found an ideal gym to frequent. Cheap, properly equipped, 24 hours, etc. Some yahoo ruined it for me.
    The gym runs a promotion wherein you get three visits for free if you're new. I was on my third such visit. So I go in, tell the guy at the desk I'm on my third visit, etc. He proceeds to subtly launch into his sales pitch. He starts leading me on a tour of the facility, starting with the Smith machine. He couldn't even recall what it was named at that moment. I inform him of what it's called. Turned out later to be an off-brand item called the Jones. Not kidding. I inform him that I can save us both some time and let him know I'm already sold and intend to become a member (sounds odd to say, but that price wasn't going anywhere anyhow). We return to the front desk and he starts describing the various plans to me, beginning with a claim that I was probably going to want the Platinum membership. He makes mention of the cheaper Gold plan, and I gravitate toward that, but inform him I can't sign up immediately because I have to move some money around. He soldiers on, and proceeds to take my information. Knowing where this was going, I humor him, content in my knowledge that this simply cannot go anywhere because the money's not in my account. I inform him a 2nd time I don't have the requisite funds. He presses on. I humor him some more. He makes reference to sliding my card, and eventually I am required to do that. I let him know a third time that I do not have the requisite funds. He finally gets it that I'm simply not buying. I confirm with my friends later that the guy was in fact a sleaze and a "crackhead" as another put it.

It's an amazing thing to experience, watching somebody try to hustle you in real time.

BroMirin'...

I've caught glimpses of this, but never got any on video. This footage I edited for a squat check video, but while watching it several times, I noticed the bro's in the mirror. I've zoomed in on the important parts. Enjoy!

BroMirin' - YouTube

Man, I hate having to squat in front of the mirrors.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    He used to bench over 400 in high school. And also squatted 500, but going too deep killed his knees.
    This is nothing compared to the tales I have been told. I don't know why people love telling me what they lifted back in high school, but when I was in Las Vegas recently I heard one that really takes the cake. The bouncer asked me what I benched and squatted. I told him that I had been off lifting for a while, but I was on the path to hit 680+ with wraps before I got injured. He then told me that "back in high school"... wait for it... he squatted 1000x3!!!!! He was lucky if he weighed 200-220# too. :-)