starting strength gym
Page 2331 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 133118312231228123212329233023312332233323412381 ... LastLast
Results 23,301 to 23,310 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by invisibleman View Post
    Changed jobs & my new work gym is BEAUTIFUL. Like, nicer than some gyms I've paid for. First office-park-type-gym I've seen with a squat rack, bench and barbells! But... they only have six total 45lb plates.

SO I had to use all of them to deadlift yesterday. And everyone stared at me. Which was fine...

The place is staffed 10 hours/day and has free group classes at lunchtime. So there were tons of cardio bunnies + office types hoping a 30-minute HIIT class twice a week will offset all the donuts and frappucinos... anyway I've been working out there this week, and today I upset a curlbro who thought he had the squat rack to himself for his 55lb curls. He gave me the stinkeye when I put up 135lbs on my OHP.

There's no platform but nobody yelled at me for deadlifting so I think I'm golden, now I can get my workouts in at work (instead of just my cardio like the last place, that only had dumbbells and treadmills).

(side note, I kinda want to start a boutique gym called "dumbbells & treadmills" and cater to the office types... anybody wanna throw me some VC money?)
    Enjoy your lifting nirvana while it lasts; I suspect you're now "that guy."

Quote Originally Posted by poser View Post
    I had to look up ski squat and curtsy lunge.
    There is a super basic gym bitch type that I sometimes see. She likes to put New Age music on the stereo and is always doing stupid, basic bitch shit like this. I'm pretty sure it's her. I usually wear headphones, but sometimes I'll use the speakers and blast some Black Flag or similar just so I don't have to witness this shit. She'll go to a different room if her basic sensibilities are assaulted. She finds barbell noises particularly jarring.

Squat, Ski - YouTube

You would think those would be total knee destroyers

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    You would think those would be total knee destroyers
    I mean, they probably aren't that bad when done with 5lbs dumbbells.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Enjoy your lifting nirvana while it lasts; I suspect you're now "that guy."
    Which guy? The strong one? Or are you thinking someone will "have a talk" with me soon, perhaps about noise, or form, or something similar?

Which guy? The strong one? Or are you thinking someone will "have a talk" with me soon, perhaps about noise, or form, or something similar?
    I think given the description of your fellow gym-goers, furtive glances may be in your future. Come on, all six 45s? Won't someone think of the children!

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I think given the description of your fellow gym-goers, furtive glances may be in your future. Come on, all six 45s? Won't someone think of the children!
    6 45s? That's enough for anyone!

snowbound
    Last edited by cgeorg; 07-27-2017 at 06:35 AM. Reason: less nsfw than my shitposting post, but still nsfw depending on your w

I actually saw somebody doing kettle bell swings while standing on a bosu ball yesterday. Thought that was just a silly thing people talk about when making fun of commercial gyms. Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by omaniphil View Post
    I actually saw somebody doing kettle bell swings while standing on a bosu ball yesterday. Thought that was just a silly thing people talk about when making fun of commercial gyms. Apparently not.
    Don't laugh, they're improving their balance and core strength, which is very important if they ever visit a planet with a squishy surface.

The talk will be whispered queries about you getting them some "supplements, you know, (wink, furtive glance around) supp-le-ments"

starting strength coach development program
    Changed jobs & my new work gym is BEAUTIFUL. Like, nicer than some gyms I've paid for. First office-park-type-gym I've seen with a squat rack, bench and barbells! But... they only have six total 45lb plates.

SO I had to use all of them to deadlift yesterday. And everyone stared at me. Which was fine...

The place is staffed 10 hours/day and has free group classes at lunchtime. So there were tons of cardio bunnies + office types hoping a 30-minute HIIT class twice a week will offset all the donuts and frappucinos... anyway I've been working out there this week, and today I upset a curlbro who thought he had the squat rack to himself for his 55lb curls. He gave me the stinkeye when I put up 135lbs on my OHP.

There's no platform but nobody yelled at me for deadlifting so I think I'm golden, now I can get my workouts in at work (instead of just my cardio like the last place, that only had dumbbells and treadmills).

(side note, I kinda want to start a boutique gym called "dumbbells & treadmills" and cater to the office types... anybody wanna throw me some VC money?)
    "dumbells and treadmills"

Isn't that Planet Fitness?
    Last edited by Calvin; 07-27-2017 at 01:47 PM.