Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Easy healthy recipes with universal appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    But what if I'm lazy, and don't feel like buying all those ingredients? Is there a condiment that exists that contains all those ingredients that I could just dump into the crockpot?
    If you are lazy or do not have access to those ingredients, you can just boil the chicken in water , add black pepper , salt and whatever vegetables(onions / carrots) you have. Voila Soup.

You can eat the chicken and also use some for a sandwich + other recipes.

Basic Chicken Soup
    Last edited by threeonethree; 04-20-2017 at 01:09 PM.

I think you misunderstand, that list of ingredients is basically just a thing called "salsa" here, that comes in convenient jars at the local grocery store. I am moderately confident that Bass was in on the joke.

What is this "salsa" you speak of?

Food Tip

If you travel to a remote place and do not agree with the recipes/ food available there and don't trust the restaurants but still need a quick snack. You can buy fruit and make a fruit salad.

If washed properly it can be a healthy snack and also save you from an upset stomach from questionable food.

All you need is a clean knife / clean water / some salt or black pepper / clean plate / and a fork.

What if you don't trust the fruit either? Head to the nearest airport.
    Last edited by threeonethree; 04-21-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post
    Food Tip

If you travel to a remote place and do not agree with the recipes/ food available there and don't trust the restaurants but still need a quick snack. You can buy fruit and make a fruit salad.

If washed properly it can be a healthy snack and also save you from an upset stomach from questionable food.

All you need is a clean knife / clean water / some salt or black pepper / clean plate / and a fork.

What if you don't trust the fruit either? Head to the nearest airport.
    Thanks for the tip - I just tried your suggestion for my lunch. I took a banana and an orange and cut them up using my clean knife, and fork of dubious cleanliness. I added some freshly ground pepper and kosher salt to some of the clean water, and poured it over the cut-up banana and orange. I called it the "Poor Man's Ambrosia". I think I will submit it to Alton Brown for his inclusion in his next book.

What I would give for a thing of French's Yellow Mustard. That would be much better than mere salt & pepper.

Thanks for the tip - I just tried your suggestion for my lunch. I took a banana and an orange and cut them up using my clean knife, and fork of dubious cleanliness. I added some freshly ground pepper and kosher salt to some of the clean water, and poured it over the cut-up banana and orange. I called it the "Poor Man's Ambrosia". I think I will submit it to Alton Brown for his inclusion in his next book.

What I would give for a thing of French's Yellow Mustard. That would be much better than mere salt & pepper.
    You got it all wrong man. I boiled my fruit in the clean water and then did some lines of salt and pepper, cut with the clean knife of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    You got it all wrong man. I boiled my fruit in the clean water and then did some lines of salt and pepper, cut with the clean knife of course.
    Good suggestion, Bartman. Unfortunately, I limited myself to the utensils allowed by our sixsome-loving buddy. I thought about making a fruit soup, but I didn't think a plate would be sufficient to contain the awesomeness of "boiled fruit soup". Plus, if you're going to go through the hassle of making a fruit soup, you might as well just go a little further and make yourself a jam.
    Last edited by Chebass88; 04-21-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    It has to be snorted through the left nostril only. The right one is haraam.

You think its funny because you take this basic stuff as granted.

When I was little we had to use banana leaves as plates, our hands as forks. We prayed for rain so we could use the mud from the walls to clean our knives. My dad once gave me 1 olive for dinner and when i complained he took it away and told me he saved it for my birthday.We were allowed only 1 bathroom break a day and if we tried to sneak into the nearby railway track he would beat us and told us " No wastage, digest what you ate yesterday" .I was so weak once an ant triple suplexed me into submission. We scrapped paint off neighbours walls and pretended it was salt. Just dont' ask me about pepper.

You have it too easy
    Last edited by threeonethree; 04-21-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345