Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egg recipes for dude that doesn't like eggs a whole lot

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Simmons View Post
    So would you just have chicken for breakfast then?
    Nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time.

Shakshuka

Its an Israeli/North Africa dish of eggs baked in a tomato base. I make mine non-Kosher/Halal by adding broiled italian sausage to it.

1 onion
    1 green/red bell pepper
    garlic cloves
    24oz can diced tomatos
    1lb of broiled italian sausage
    6-8 eggs
    Paprika, Red Pepper flakes, Salt and pepper to taste

Fry the onion and bell pepper and garlic until soft/slightly browned in a cast iron skillet while you are broiling/grilling the italian sausage.
    Add diced tomatos, and chopped up italian sausage and spices. Bake for 20 minutes at 375.
    Remove skillet, crack eggs over top of mixture, and bake for an additional 20 minutes

^^ confirmed it's delicious. Use merguez (lamb sausage) if you can find it.

My favorite egg recipe...take a couple eggs, mix with about 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, a bit of baking powder, vanilla, and a bag of chocolate chips. Mix well, and the scoop spoonfuls of the egg mixture onto a baking sheet, a cook for about 8 minutes. Even better if you let the mixture sit in the fridge overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by omaniphil View Post
    Shakshuka

Its an Israeli/North Africa dish of eggs baked in a tomato base. I make mine non-Kosher/Halal by adding broiled italian sausage to it.

1 onion
    1 green/red bell pepper
    garlic cloves
    24oz can diced tomatos
    6-8 eggs

Fry the onion and bell pepper and garlic until soft/slightly browned in a cast iron skillet while you are broiling/grilling the italian sausage.
    Add diced tomatos, and chopped up italian sausage and spices. Bake for 20 minutes at 375.
    Remove skillet, crack eggs over top of mixture, and bake for an additional 20 minutes
    That looks dam good

I'm the same, got really over eggs. Couldn't stomach how heavy they were in the morning, taste was getting really old. Right now I'm just blending oats and whey, me and eggs are on a break. Prior to that though I was making a big batch of oat and egg pancakes and microwaving a couple each day. Very good option for a quick breakfast. I was doing 75grams of quick oats with 3 eggs per serving but the ratios are really up to you. What ever fits your macros and makes the consistency right for you. Just have to whip the eggs with a splash of milk, add oats, whip em some more, add salt etc and grill em like a regular pancake. They have a very neutral savory taste, sort of like an oat toast. Throw some jam or rice syrup on top to add flavour and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiHei View Post
    That's not one, that's eight.

The breakfast burrito worked really well today. Got 51 grams of protein from 673 Cals. I tried mixing Oats and whey but the taste to me was unspeakably bad. I later took to eating my oats with Whey on the side. That still only gave me 20-25grams for 1 scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by omaniphil View Post
    Shakshuka

1 onion
    1 green/red bell pepper
    garlic cloves
    24oz can diced tomatos
    6-8 eggs

In its original Italian, this is uova al purgatorio or "eggs in purgatory." It is also sometimes seen as uova fra'diavolo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast