Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Egg recipes for dude that doesn't like eggs a whole lot

Quote Originally Posted by bugbomb View Post
    I'm with mikey, anyone who is having trouble getting eggs down just hasn't added enough meat to them. I can barely choke down plain scrambled eggs, and I know how to cook them (butter, pre-whisked, etc). I posted this somewhere else, but my current go-to is ~4oz of chorizo browned up, then 4-5 eggs scrambled into that. Add hot sauce (Yucateca is my jam) and I usually still want more when it's gone.

I'll eventually get tired of chorizo, so then it'll be diced bacon, or ham, or breakfast sausage, or corned beef.
    This right here. Putting stuff in eggs is the trick. Eggs are kind of like noodles this way. You can put all kinds of stuff in them and it's still good. Eggs, chorizo, some cheese and hot sauce make some tasty breakfast tacos.

I cut up honey ham deli meat and put that in there a lot. You can put a ton of different stuff in ommlets​ too.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    What's the point vs whey though? The only one I could see is if you wanted to cook eggs 50/50 real eggs/egg whites. But then it probably doesn't taste very good.
    For macros, I've found 3 eggs and 1 can of 110 g drained tuna has pretty decent macros. Basically I make a tuna/champignon folded 3-egg omelette, best way I've found to make tuna not utterly bland. With my 3 slices of Wasa crispbread, this is a 600 cal 30/30/50 meal in c/f/p.

This is pretty low in carbs and high in fats though, but I find I tend to get more than enough carbs unless I'm meticulous in a day anyways, so having one meal with low carbs tends to work out for me at least.

PS! Hate dieting, like my 1000 calorie breakfasts that keep me satiated forever.
    Last edited by perman; 06-05-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perman View Post
    For macros, I've found 3 eggs and 1 can of 110 g drained tuna has pretty decent macros. Basically I make a tuna/champignon folded 3-egg omelette, best way I've found to make tuna not utterly bland. With my 3 slices of Wasa crispbread, this is a 600 cal 30/30/50 meal in c/f/p.

This is pretty low in carbs and high in fats though, but I find I tend to get more than enough carbs unless I'm meticulous in a day anyways, so having one meal with low carbs tends to work out for me at least.

PS! Hate dieting, like my 1000 calorie breakfasts that keep me satiated forever.

Might be highish in fats but its still better than the only other way I can eat tuna, with a liberal amount of mayo. Ima have to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    Might be highish in fats but its still better than the only other way I can eat tuna, with a liberal amount of mayo. Ima have to try this.
    Yeah, I wish I was one of those dudes who liked tuna with anything...

I'm one of those dudes. Sometimes I eat it straight out of the can with salt and pepper, although usually I make "fake" tuna salad. Because of the poor macros (for me) of tuna salad when made with mayonnaise, I sub in Greek yogurt and dijon mustard.

Dump it out of the can, add a little pepper, some olive oil and it's good.

Sometimes I douse it with Sriracha sauce; that helps keep the cats away from it while I eat it.

here is a good dessert recipe that I have taste when I came and had a vacation in the Philippines they called it Leche Plan.
    How to Make Leche Flan: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345