starting strength gym
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: gzt is mostly wasting time

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Nice job squatting there. Sorry to hear about the knees though.

They're just complaining. The little ingrates. I'll eat a lot today, tomorrow, and before gym on Tuesday and I'll start wearing knee sleeves again.

Grumble grumble. Just got a call from the doctor. LDL is at 180, but HDL and tris are looking decent. But if the LDL doesn't go down in 3 months, he wants to think about medication. I don't like that idea. Anyway, between now and then, I expect to have finished linear progression and will have a weightlifting comp, so, after linear progression, I should be able to get away with dietary modifications. I can't imagine I have that much longer on linear progression, but I do hope to hit at least 365x3x5 before my first stall and will eat to support it, doctors be damned. I should be fine with the following plan once I'm done with linear progression: increase fish oil, increase produce intake, decrease milk intake. 1 and 2 are feasible right now, too.

squats 345x3x5 wore knee sleeves, weight went up well, knees felt good.

bench 185x3x5 I felt extra tight, weight went up well

clean and jerk 95, 115, 145, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205X, 205, 215, 185x2. There were a few misses (pressouts), I only marked the one at 205. I was planning on doing 3-5 at 185, but I was running low on time and the jerks were ugly, but good. I powered up everything but the 215. Feet moving slow, that's the reason for pressouts, maybe also knees not landing soft enough. I blame it on jerking after PR squats. Happy about 215.

Squat 350x3x5

Press 122.5x5,5,4 A powerlifter gave some tips after seeing me fail. Good stuff.

DL 385x5 cleaned warmups to 225. Contemplated trying a higher weight to clean, but didn't.

Rest day.

I'm still hobbling around from last night's deadlifts. Am thinking about switching to rack pulls and haltings. Wondering what weights to use if I do. 385x5 DL -> ??? rack pull?

I fell out of my chair a few minutes ago. Bad habit of leaning back. My shoulder is complaining.

Not particularly looking forward to tomorrow. Am thinking of turning Sundays into light days, turning myself into an "advanced novice program". I train Friday, Sunday, Tuesday. Sundays are hard because I don't eat or drink before church and the gym closes at 2, so I have a narrow window to get some food, digest it, and work out before it all closes. I'll see what 355 looks like tomorrow.

Squat 355x3x5 nearly cried afterward.

bench a few sets with the bar. Shoulder complained. for future reference, don't fall off a chair. I did overhead press a few sets with the bar, too. shoulder complained, but less. because of the complaints, I didn't push it.

Then I went home. I should've been doing cleans, but, well, meh.

Your squats are getting pretty deadly man. Nice work.

Squat 360x3x5 felt good. wobble around and pant for several minutes after each set.

Bench 187.5x3x5 I feel like I discovered the secret to staying tight or something, the last two days have been pretty good on bench. I've also narrowed grip a little.

Power clean 200x5x3 on set 4, I squat cleaned the last rep, it just didn't go up high enough.

mr blink Guest

Talking

starting strength coach development program
    This log title should say GZT is a waste of time.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast