starting strength gym
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: And That's Why You Always Log Your Workouts

Default And That's Why You Always Log Your Workouts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I think it's time to take another shot at logging my training. I quit updating my old log a little over a year ago but haven't missed much training in that time. However, I haven't made a ton of progress either. I'm hoping by logging again I'll see better progress going forward.

Old log: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=31170
    Let's get to it:

Wednesday January 7, 2014

Seated Press
    45x5x2
    65x5
    95x3
    135x3
    157.5x5
    135x5x4

I do seated presses during the winter due to low ceilings. I'll take a bar outside when it's warmer out and press there, but I've gotten enough carryover that this way that I live with it although it's not optimal.

Close Grip Bench
    45x5
    135x5
    225x5x3

Great title.

There's always money in the banana stand.

Quote Originally Posted by vanslix View Post
    Great title.

There's always money in the banana stand.
    Illusion, Michael! A trick is something a whore does for money.

I am very glad there some of you picked up the reference. I was afraid it may be too obscure. Of course I should have been more confident given the popularity of the AD camp out thread from a few years back!

But seriously, like the guy in the $9,000 dollar suit isn't going to get to his workout:

Friday January 9, 2014
    Squat
    45x5x2
    135x5
    225x3
    275x5
    325x5x2

Deadlift
    225x5
    355x5

Back in October, I slightly pulled a hammy. As I finished the Starr rehab and got back close to a true workset, I tweaked my back. I'm working back up with twenty pound jumps here.

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Illusion, Michael! A trick is something a whore does for money.
    Franklin, The Sword of Destiny and dong powder. Good ol' Gob.
    Last edited by vanslix; 01-10-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect

Default And That's Why You Always Log Your Workouts

Finally got back at it tonight.

Wednesday January 14, 2015
    Bench
    45x5x2
    135x5x2
    225x3x2
    265x2
    287.5x4 PR
    267.5x5x3

Seated Press
    125x5x3

I was shooting for five on the bench. It ended up being a PR only because I never really program fours. I haven't decided if I'll go for five again next week or maybe just cycle down to threes then singles before I move to a 3 week rotation.

On a much brighter note, I picked up an R3 from Rogue this weekend and finally have it all set up. I ended up burning the midnight oil the last two nights getting the platform put together so I could actually get some training done this week. The rack is a huge upgrade from what I was using in terms of sturdiness and I'm really happy with how it all turned out. I just need to pick up one more horse stall mat to complete the platform but it's still useable for the time being.

Last edited by Tygerqb12; 01-15-2015 at 07:27 AM.

January 16, 2015
    Squat
    45x5x2
    135x5
    225x3
    315x2
    365x5 PR
    327.5x5
    327.5x3
    327.5x5x2

Depth was questionable on the top set. I'm struggling with the slightly new camera angle truly judging the depth. Regardless, I must have the worst squat form of any member who has been around for more than a year. Bar path is a mess and these are the opposite of smooth.

I'll post this to my form check thread to see if anyone can provide additional insight.

I almost threw up the water I took down after my first back off set, so I had to rack the set right there, hence the random triple.

Despite all the doom and gloom, my squat is moving as well as it has in a long time. I really think if I can clean up my form and really find the bounce at the bottom, things will continue moving along nicely.
    Last edited by Tygerqb12; 01-17-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerqb12 View Post
    Finally got back at it tonight.

Wednesday January 14, 2015
    Bench
    45x5x2
    135x5x2
    225x3x2
    265x2
    287.5x4 PR
    267.5x5x3

Seated Press
    125x5x3

I was shooting for five on the bench. It ended up being a PR only because I never really program fours. I haven't decided if I'll go for five again next week or maybe just cycle down to threes then singles before I move to a 3 week rotation.

On a much brighter note, I picked up an R3 from Rogue this weekend and finally have it all set up. I ended up burning the midnight oil the last two nights getting the platform put together so I could actually get some training done this week. The rack is a huge upgrade from what I was using in terms of sturdiness and I'm really happy with how it all turned out. I just need to pick up one more horse stall mat to complete the platform but it's still useable for the time being.

Nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by gtl View Post
    Nice setup
    +1

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    +1
    I particularly like having plates on each side so you don't have to carry 45's an extra few feet (srs)

What kinda floor mat is that?

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast