Thread: Log...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher John View Post
    Are you me?
    Maybe you are me?

Mind = Blown!

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Overhead Plate Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers...

Another fine effort - was really feeling the Hacks this morning so did quite a few of 'em.

I can feel that my knees are still a bit tight but there have no twinges from either of them for a few days...right wrist felt OK here.

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Overhead Plates Ext's / Grippers...

Fatigue is high again and the first couple sets here were pretty garbage but then it started to come round and I was able to finish the rest of this workout with some real aplomb...I'm also getting the feeling of struggling during the workout itself but generally feeling on a high afterwards which I'm taking as a good sign that I'm not overdoing it on a regular basis.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers & Hang Clean / Presses / Grippers...

Tired and uninspired here - in fact this was the poorest session I've had for weeks - and yet it was still pretty damned solid. The bar moved well it was just that things were just that bit more difficult than they would otherwise have been if I were fresh - which is the entire point, of course...

EDIT: Popped into Town for a bit later - errands included popping into the Doc's, where I was 84kg fully-togged.
    Last edited by Chris McCarthy; 03-28-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Overhead Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers...

Yesterday's luke-warm effort irked me a little and happily I was able to put it right today - woke up feeling OK and knuckled down to a great session. I don't know whether I've been fighting off a cold, dealing with some allergies (we've had a warm windy spell here and I tend to suffer a bit at the beginning of each Summer) or whether it was the Meds again but something was just *slightly* off.

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HOOK) / Grippers, Deads (MX) / Grippers & Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers...

Enjoyed this session immensely - so much so that I didn't want to stop (and very nearly didn't). Heaviest deadlift yet...now that I'm finally healthy enough to give that lift a little bit of volume it seems to be EXPLODING.

It may be a small explosion currently, but it all counts...

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HOOK) / Gripeers, Deads (MIX) / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Grippers & Overhead Plate Ext's / Grippers...

Very similar session to yesterday...

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers & Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers...

I tried to strike a balance this morning between good, hard work and something I can pretty easily recover from...and I think it was a rousing success.

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Deads (HOOK) / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Overhead Plate Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers...

Good effort, good lifting, pleasing show.

starting strength coach development program
    Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HOOK) / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Overhead Plate Ext's / Grippers...

Sluggish as all hell this morning (meds again I think) but once I stepped back to create some momentum it carried me through to another excellent effort - it just took a while to get going - and in fact I'm doubly pleased as I managed to keep a lid on the top end work and lift with some sense this time.

I've pretty much accepted (for a while at least) I'll have to deal with some variation due to my meds but whilst I can push through it pretty well it doesn't take Nostradamus to predict that as I've moved closer towards my current recovery-restraints I'm starting to get a bit of a pinch in my comfort-zone...

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast