starting strength gym
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Log...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HOOK) / Grippers & Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers...

At my age I should really know better but - for reasons that seemed like a good idea at the time (Read: A Female) - I decided to sit in my Local until kicking out time last night...now I'm not the drinker I used to be but even I can take 2 x 330ml bottles of 0.05% Lager (1/100th normal strength, basically) but the four hours of sleep was always going to make today less fun that it could have been...mind you I felt really strong here again, just didn't have the enthusiasm for all the extras so I pounded the Hell out of these basics instead.

Yep, my brain also takes a break when the hormones kick in. ;p
    Last edited by solitaire; 06-18-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
    Yep, my brain also takes a break when the hormones kick in. ;p
    Haha...just quote the old song "...I wish to God, Man, that you could see mine..."

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Squats / Grippers & Overhead Barbell Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers...

Keywords for this session would probably be "Fatigued", "Sweaty" but also - happily - "Good".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    At my age I should really know better but - for reasons that seemed like a good idea at the time (Read: A Female) - I decided to sit in my Local until kicking out time last night...now I'm not the drinker I used to be but even I can take 2 x 330ml bottles of 0.05% Lager (1/100th normal strength, basically) but the four hours of sleep was always going to make today less fun that it could have been...mind you I felt really strong here again, just didn't have the enthusiasm for all the extras so I pounded the Hell out of these basics instead.
    In a battle of wits, the penis usually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher John View Post
    In a battle of wits, the penis usually wins.
    Always.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Hacks (DO) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Power Cleans / Grippers, Plate Hammer Curls / Grippers...

Due to a combination of factors (heat and being a bit sick last night foremost amongst them) I wasn't feeling particularly well recovered (sore back etc) but I knew I could move some weight this morning...I worked up to the joint 3rd heaviest session yet but was really just focusing on moving fairly heavy weights as well as possible. I'll save the next round of nudges for a day when I'm on better form...was watching the IPF Worlds during this session so the temptation to load the weight on was certainly there.

In general the aches and pains are feeling fairly minor atm, which is one welcome side-effect of higher temperatures.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Squats / Grippers, Overhead Barbell Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers & Snatch Grip Barbell Rows / Grippers....

Excellent...happy to say this was a better session than I expected. The back of my right shoulder was a little sore and so I kept a lid on the Clean & Press, both volume and weight (Boo!!), but even that moved well...Hacks and Deads were REALLY shifting well.

We're forecast to have the hottest June temperature since records began today (current record is 35.6 C in - and I didn't realize this - my old stomping ground of Mayflower Park in Southampton back in 1976) before things back to "normal" tomorrow.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HK) / Grippers, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Power Cleans / Grippers...

Pretty much a repeat of Tuesday's session and to pretty much the same end...I'm in decent nick but I've not been recovering particularly well this week - I've just not been motivated to do the stuff I need to do to do so, as it were - so I could do with cheering up a bit and getting that done more consistently. I did have a very fun afternoon at my Nephew's Playschool Sports Day, mind.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers & Overhead Barbell Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers...

In a much better mood today...so let's get some work in - this was a really sweet session.

starting strength coach development program
    Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HOOK)/ Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Standing Curls / Grippers & Overhead Barbell Ext's / Grippers...

Carried over the theme from yesterday - put the work in - and this was just as good a session...plenty of energy and focus was consistent throughout.

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast