starting strength gym
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Log...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Mon 21-May-17
    Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Overhead Barbell Ext's / Plate Hammers / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Tues 22-May-17
    Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Wed 23-May-17
    Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Deads (HOOK) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Overhead Barbell Ext's / Plate Hammers / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Three excellent days of training but not had the time I'd like to update as an old friend (in both senses) has been in hospital and thus has been in need of some company.

Since Sunday I've made a bit of a change towards switching my focus & energy towards the cleans and press and even chucking in a few squats...I was pretty sore the early part of the week but I'm starting to come round now, today's work was really smooth and snappy. Knees are still a bit painful but have improved, my quads are a collection of bruises where I've been going to Town on them. It's also turned warm so sweatiness has increased.
    Dates are fucked in this post...s/be 22-May to 24-May.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Overhead Barbell Ext's / Plate Hammers / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Unfortunately fell Off the Wagon a bit this weekend - well, to be true, I unhitched the Horses, set light to the Wagon and watched it burn with a Big, Fat smile on my bloated Pissed Face - but back on it this morning...first few sets were glacier-like and then it all started moving really quite nicely. Really need to get back into things though.

After a few days off my ongoing aches and pains (knees, elbows etc) felt much improved, not surprisingly...

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Power Cleans / Grippers...

Not back to 100% here just yet but did feel surprisingly good which - happily - was actually reflected in the session....kept it relatively brief but pushed the pace a little and I hit some really smooth lifts this morning.

Inside of my right wrist was blindingly painful but this didn't start until immediately before training...didn't trouble me any so I'll see how it feels later, just seems to be a little swelling that pops up from time-to-time.

Inside of my right wrist was blindingly painful but this didn't start until immediately before training...didn't trouble me any so I'll see how it feels later, just seems to be a little swelling that pops up from time-to-time.
    Good lord, it's going around now?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher John View Post
    Good lord, it's going around now?
    Ha, I hope not - my wrist was much better today, in fact it was barely noticeable...especially not in my right wrist, as it was actually my left that was hurting.

I had a perfectly palatable tin of Curry last night that, for some reason, seemed to be simultaneously both sat curdling in my stomach and sweating out through my pores this morning...once I got past that this was actually another fine session. Deads felt particularly good and, at times, so did the Cleans.

Overall May has been a less-than-stellar month - I'm in better shape now than I was coming into it but, through a combination of starting to make necessary changes to my routine and Real Life causing some issues, I'm forced to admit I've both felt and actually been on the back foot quite a bit...these things happen though and now it's my job to make the best of it going forward.

Popped into the Doc's yesterday and was ~85.5kg full clod-and-shod.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Deads (HK) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Overhead Barbell Ext's / Standing Curls / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Bon. My stomach is troubling me a bit currently but whilst this all felt heavy as shit the barbell was moving really well...I'm carrying quite a bit of illness-induced fatigue as well at the moment and, hopefully, once that dissipates I'll be feeling closer to how I lifting and the two can tally up properly.

Right knee and the insides of both elbows continue to be sore but my left wrist was fine today. Touch wood my hips and lower back seem to be quite liking my return to a more "fixed-weight" approach.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Supinating Plate Curls / Grippers...

After feeling shitty over the weekend (100% self-inflicted) and again mid-week (notably less so) I was a little suspicious in that I actually felt pretty good here...as such I decided to go a fraction heavier and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

I've noted here before that one of the effects of a fixed-weight routine is that, because I'm always trying to push that weight harder and faster, there's a very predictable curve as to how it "feelz" as it progresses from being the right weight to train with until it requires increasing (Heavy - Light - REALLY Heavy - Too Light so move up, if you're interested)...I've been in that REALLY heavy bit for a little while and so it was nice to know that "X + 10kg" felt easier than "X" when just trying to move the weight smoothly (this is especially noticeable on a lift like Hacks, where you really have to thread the needle of pushing the hips through at the right time).

Aches and Pains that were present are still so today...but not as much. (I haven't found a "Praise the Sun" emote, but there probably is one).

Just a note regarding cleans...I need to just spend some time getting more consistent with 'em, makes it difficult to make the adjustments I want to correct the problems I'm seeing when I'm not performing the movement properly each time anyway.

Now, I'd normally sort this by doing a couple of 4-hr cleaning sessions to get the knack back and then move on from there...not really an option right now, can't stay awake that long.

Practice, Man.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HK) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Grippers, Overhead BB Ext's / Standing BB Curls / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Enjoyed this one immensely. Lifted well and consistently, the barbell was really moving and energy levels were high throughout - just one of those sessions where I could have kept on loading up the plates and pounding out the sets for about as long as I wanted, or at least that's how it felt...forced myself not to in order to ensure I wasn't about to fuck-up my recovery but it was certainly a great feeling to feel back on top.

starting strength coach development program
    Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (HK) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Grippers, Overhead BB Ext's / Standing BB Curls / Grippers & Squats / Grippers...

Enjoyed this one immensely. Lifted well and consistently, the barbell was really moving and energy levels were high throughout - just one of those sessions where I could have kept on loading up the plates and pounding out the sets for about as long as I wanted, or at least that's how it felt...forced myself not to in order to ensure I wasn't about to fuck-up my recovery but it was certainly a great feeling to feel back on top.
    Felt the same today. Those are the best days!

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast