starting strength gym
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Log...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher John View Post
    I take this to mean you're about to join the 2010s and get a smart phone.
    Oh, I've had a smartphone for several years (insert your own smart-related joke here) - it's more an unreasonable dislike of my own image in any media.

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (MX) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers & Power Cleans / Grippers...

Not bad. Everything felt very slow and heavy yesterday and from the start I knew this was going to be a much more fluent session - back soreness was (and is) still present but, frankly, it didn't cause me any issues here...more of a problem was chomping my way through two Malt Loaves last night which lead to a big case of the Windy-Pops... Right elbow felt relatively OK although I've noticed it is slow in coming round even at the light weights I am using so I'm (unintentionally) favouriting it still.
    Last edited by Chris McCarthy; 07-27-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Oh, I've had a smartphone for several years (insert your own smart-related joke here) - it's more an unreasonable dislike of my own image in any media.
    Shoot from the back. Do it shirtless. I've gotten nothing but positive feedback after doing so myself

Shoot from the back. Do it shirtless. I've gotten nothing but positive feedback after doing so myself
    Nobody would see my - not inconsiderable - back thickness and width (if I do say so myself) through the THICK MAT OF BLACK HAIR that has covered it since I was about 15...having said that it might be the start of a profitable career as a "Bear"...

Hacks (MX) / Grippers / Push Ups, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Deads (Snatch Grip, Hook) / Grippers, Deads (Clean Grip, Hook) / Grippers, Deads (Clean Grip, Hook) / Shrugs (Clean Grip, Hook) / Grippers...

Felt the best I have all week and this was a decent little session, light and fast...both in pace and snappiness. Elbow and back OK-ish.

having said that it might be the start of a profitable career as a "Bear"...
    I believe there is a market, and I'll bet there are several potential advisers to assist you with this endeavor on this very forum.

Felt the best I have all week and this was a decent little session, light and fast...both in pace and snappiness. Elbow and back OK-ish.
    The McCarthy Snap TM

I believe there is a market, and I'll bet there are several potential advisers to assist you with this endeavor on this very forum.
    I am hoping so...I am very inexperienced at such things.

The McCarthy Snap TM
    I like it...PM me your bank details and, when the money starts rolling in I'll cut you a slice.

Hacks (DO) / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads (DO) / Grippers, Hacks (DO) / Deads (DO) / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Power Cleans / Grippers, Standing Curls / Grippers & Overhead Ext's / Grippers...

It wouldn't look like it on paper but this was a very good "hard work" type of session - the type of session I'll be doing much more frequently over the coming weeks as I buckle down and look to actually progress.

After some Snatch Deads yesterday my back and hips were predictably grouchy but I'd kept on top of them overnight (figuratively and literally) and they weren't too bad today...my right elbow was a bit of a prick towards the end of this session but it seems to have calmed down as of this writing...aside from those two known issues I actually seem to be largely OK (famous last words, I know).

Getting excited about the upcoming chapter. That glimpse of actual numbers really builds the suspense.

starting strength coach development program
    I've been a bit short on time for updating this week but I've been putting some sweat in training-wise and it's been a great deal of fun! Things should ease off a little tomorrow and I'll look to catch up but...there've been no surprises in terms of exercise selection.

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast