starting strength gym
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Log...

Default Log...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hacks / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Standing Curls / Grippers, Plate Lateral Raises / Grippers & Front Squats / Grippers

After some gentle convincing I decided to start posting a training log here - I know it's general practice to start off with an intro (and I'll do one should there be any interest) but I wanted to start this off with an workout instead.

I don't generally go into too many details on a daily basis (I train every day and currently go "heavy" very infrequently) but should there be any highlights I will certainly...erm, highlight them.

Yuuuuusss!

Good to see you starting your own log.

Thanks Guys...it's nice to be here.

Wed 29-Jun-16

Hacks / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Standing Curls / Grippers, Front Squats / Grippers & Plate Lat Raise / Grippers

It seems keeping a second log is harder than I thought as I forgot to update this until this morning!

Today

Hacks / Grippers / Push Ups, Deads / Grippers, Power Cleans / Presses / Grippers, Hang Cleans / Presses / Standing Curls / Grippers & Front Squats / Grippers

Felt pretty good so far this week.
    Last edited by Chris McCarthy; 06-30-2016 at 04:29 AM.

What kind of resistance, sets and reps are you doing on the grippers?

I almost exclusively do overcrush singles so I use whatever gripper I have to hand, which is usually a cheap plastic red-handled gripper I bought from Argos a few years back...mainly cause when they snap they are cheap to replace and the spring doesn't tend to "shatter" as much as some others do, plus when you do several hundred reps a week they don't chew the hands up as much as knurled handles do. I've never found the "sweep" of a gripper particularly problematic so do very little full range closing, plus full range closes tend to aggravate my tendons after a while.

I gave away my COC #2 a while back but that was easy enough cold...I might at some point get a #3 and work to get back to closing that, but I find that whilst grippers are very easy to put into a program they are kind of difficult to get excited about after all these years!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention much regarding volume - I do overcrushes after each set of anything else I do, so generally 20 - 30 maximal effort reps every day.
    Last edited by Chris McCarthy; 06-30-2016 at 03:01 AM.

We've got a #2 and a #3 at 300. So far, the only person who has managed to close the #3 is Zake Muluzi.

I hope his name is up on the Board?!

Have many people closed the #2 there, Martin? For people who don't do a whole lot of Grippers that is a fine feat to aim for.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    I hope his name is up on the Board?!
    I don't know if he actually registered it, it seemed like it was a spur of the moment thing. There's a 2.5 too and he closed that, I've definitely seen him do that.

Have many people closed the #2 there, Martin? For people who don't do a whole lot of Grippers that is a fine feat to aim for.
    Indeed, it's not easy either! I've tried a few times, but it's very doable with time dedicated to training it!

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast