starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Log On The Tyne

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Welcome back!

Cheers!

After a quick scan through my log it looks like I've got to get to these weights to be back on track:
    Squat 72.5kg x 5,5,5
    Bench 72.5kg x 5,5,5
    Deads 95kg x 5

Quite confident I can get back to my "strongest" without too much trouble. Since I last logged I've given up the Tuesday football due to injuries but am currently looking for something to keep me fit cardio-wise. Just going to throw some conditioning on the end of my workouts whenever I've got time for now.

Friday 18th August

Press 40kg x 5,5,5
    DL 70kg x 5
    Chins

Had to rush this workout but got everything in that I wanted.

Tues

Squat 65kg x 5,5,5
    Bench 62.5kg x 5,5,5
    Lots of Chins with different grips

Thurs

Press 42.5kg x 5,5,5
    DL 90kg x 5
    No accessories as I had to rush out

No real grinders yet, confident going into the next session probably this weekend.

Spontaneous camping trip to go hiking all day Saturday/Sunday so missed out the gym for the weekend. Definitely worked my calves and core from carrying a pack up some steep hills and mountains.

21034381_10214563924117795_5738979610572197559_n.jpg

Back to it tomorrow after work!

Couldn't get on the bench so just did Press instead today:

Squat 67.5kg x 5,5,5
    Press 45kg x 5,5,5
    Chins Assisted x Lots

Thurs 31st Aug

Bench 67.5kg x 5,5,5
    Deads 95kg x 5
    Chins - a few sets

Last rep on Bench was slow but everything went up! The weekend I think I'll go for 70kg Squats and Bench, would be a small benchmark for myself

Sun 3rd Sept

Squat 70kg x 5,5,5
    Bench 70kg x 5, 55kg x 5,5,5
    Chins

The 70kg bench was tough, last rep was a real grinder. No spotter so just took a bit of weight off and did a few lighter sets with little rest for volume. Will go for that 3 sets of 5 for 70kg next week sometime instead. Not to make excuses but this is the gym with a very slidey material bench and high hooks so it's hard to get the set up right. Will be more confident on the other gym's bench.

Squats went up pretty easy, confident I can get 72.5kg on one of the workouts next week.

Wanted to Press and Deadlift today but forgot my crappy belt, so improvised, swapping out Press for Bench and hoped my Deadlift wouldn’t be affected so much. I’m almost 100% sure that this belt is having no effect and it’s all in my head, but placebo or not, I didn’t want to go into a lift not confident!

Tues 5th August

Bench 70kg x 5,4,3, 50kg x 10
    Deads 100kg x 5
    Dips and Leg Raises – Couple of sets to failure

The first set of 5 for bench was fine, the second set I was 50/50 on the last rep but without a spotter wasn’t confident, and then didn’t bother resting too long for the last set since I’d already not hit 5,5,5 so only got 3. If I have a spotter I think I’ll hit the 3x5 so might see if a mate fancies coming on the weekend with me.

Deads were very slow, last rep was a grinder after 5-10 second rest of breathing but still holding the bar. Going to give myself the 5 anyways and continue adding weight, try not to do it next time!

Hoping the rest of the week looks like this...
    Thursday: Squat 72.5kg and Press 47.5kg
    Sunday: Squats 75kg and Bench 70kg

starting strength coach development program
    Thurs 7th September

Press 47.5 x 5,5,5
    Squat 72.5 x 5,5,5
    Couple sets of Chins, Dips, Leg Raises

Lower back was a bit sore (near my left hip) going into this workout for some reason or another. The press seemed to aggravate it a bit (going to have to get a video of my form to make sure I’m not hyper extending, although it doesn’t feel at all like I am).

Squat warm up fixed that completely, and went into the squat sets feeling strong. All sets but the last were smooth. Last rep of the last set I took a couple of breaths before doing but I’ll count it!

Did some stretching after the session, no DOMs this morning, not sure if this is linked or if I’m just adapting to training. Going to keep on with the stretching daily though, to help counter my sitting for 8 hours a day at work.

On the weekend hopefully I can get a friend to join me to spot a 70kg Bench and I’ll go for the 75kg squat.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast