starting strength gym
Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 132, 220, 308, 385

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    7/18/17
    Gym

SQ: 195x5x3. Up until now on this reset SQ LP, I've been beltless. Since the next 5 pound jump will take me above bodyweight*, I'll start wearing my belt for worksets.

P 1.5: 97x5, 5, 4, 4. I didn't fail a fifth rep of the last 2 worksets. I stopped at 4 since my goal was just to accumulate 18 total reps of volume. I did the first, third, and fifth reps version 2.0. I did the second and fourth reps as version 1.0 (stretch reflex from lockout into the bottom).
    P 1.5: 45x12. I only did these since Andy Baker recommended a set of 8-12 in his article on building a better Press. I'll add 5 pounds weekly for as long as I can.

*Speaking of bodyweight: I've been faithfully tracking macros most of this month. We ate out for dinner tonight and split a dessert we knew was a calorie bomb. I just wasn't expecting the 3,229 calories myfitnesspal.com later informed me it was.

7/22/17
    Gym

SQ: 200x5x3 (belted)

Rack pull: 335x5. I used wrist straps on the work set. But I taped my thumbs as usual and did hook grip for almost all of my warmup sets, including the last one.

7/23/17
    Gym

P 2.0: 107x1x5. I did the first 2 singles with only enough rest between to rack and then unrack the bar again. Then I rested 8 minutes and did the same for 2 singles, rested 8 minutes, and did my last single. I did all my chin bar hanging and PVC stretching at home before the 45 minute drive to the gym.

CGBP: 172x5, 155x5. I haven't done these in a while, but i was surprised how tight my left front delt felt, in spite of the close grip. I backed off on my second workset and they felt better since I concentrated on tucking my elbows and touching the bar closer to my upper abs than my sternum.

Home
    Chins: BWx5 (chest to bar), BWx1x5 (chest to bar).

7/25/17
    Gym

SQ: 205x5x3

7/27/17
    Gym

P 1.5: 98x5, 4, 3, 3, 3. I didn't fail reps of the worksets. My goal was just to accumulate 18 total reps of volume. I did the first reps version 2.0. I did most subsequent reps as version 1.0 (stretch reflex from lockout into the bottom).
    P 1.5: 50x12

7/29/17
    Gym

SQ: 210x5x3

DL: 280x5

7/30/17
    Gym

P 2.0: 108x1x5. I did all the singles with only enough rest in between to take off my belt and wraps, sit down, log the rep, sip some water, and then do the next rep.

I decided to go back to racking the bar just under my chin, floating over my delts rather than forcing them down to my collarbone. As a result, they didn't bother my left delt like last time. I don't get that tell-tale "click" in my left shoulder joint any more.

CGBP: 173x5, 160x5x2. These felt easier than last time.

Home
    Chins: BWx6, 5 (chest to bar), BWx1x6 (chest to bar).

Nice work on the press,I guess the rest time is about 2 miinutes. I am starting my press itch the bar hanging from the rafters by chains, something like Ripp showed in his shoulder rehab video. My shoulder had stopped clicking and after two warm up sets I can rack the bar in my collar bone. I still can't get my arms back enough to to even a high bar back sqt, so I am using the Safety Sqt bar .Hopefully I can fix that in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    Nice work on the press,I guess the rest time is about 2 miinutes. I am starting my press itch the bar hanging from the rafters by chains, something like Ripp showed in his shoulder rehab video. My shoulder had stopped clicking and after two warm up sets I can rack the bar in my collar bone. I still can't get my arms back enough to to even a high bar back sqt, so I am using the Safety Sqt bar .Hopefully I can fix that in the coming months.
    Thanks. I did notice that video of Rip's, and also saw someone else doing it on Instagram. They were using PVC pipe threaded through gymnastic rings. Glad someone else can relate to the shoulder clicking.

I can't see the word "Brooklyn" without thinking of my Irish nana, who lived near Flatbush Avenue, and Avenue H. Living "upstate", it was always a big deal for my family to drive down and see her.

starting strength coach development program
    8/1/17
    Gym

SQ: 215x5x3. Rep cadence: last workout, i noticed I had backslidden into a noobie mistake of taking too much time between reps. I endeavored to pause only long enough to exhale, inhale again, valsava and brace. Made the first workset much easier. I did need an extra breath after the third rep of the subsequent worksets, though.

P 1.5: 99x5, 4, 3, 3, 3. My goal continues to be just accumulating 18 total reps of volume.
    P 1.0: 55x12

Hanging from chin bar: I only did this once before my warmup sets, but I did it two more times after my Press workout was done.
    PVC stretch: I only did this once before, and twice after.

Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast