starting strength gym
Page 184 of 198 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1976

Thread: Chebass88 gets stronger day by day.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    I'd fix the monitor when you get the chance.

You can get all of your timing, splits, strokes/min data.

Also, you can play the fish game, which is a lot of fun.
    I definitely want the monitor feature. The question is how much the old monitor doesn't work - the guy I bought it from was complaining how it doesn't have the force curves, and modern features. The one I use at work doesn't have those either - as long as the split & stroke rate is there - it will suit me just fine.

I've let my cardio / conditioning go to hell over the past few months. I was getting out of breath this week while running up the stairs to the restroom at work. It could also be smoking quite a few pipes while driving this week.

And definitely not a beach body - sitting on a beach might be one of the worst things anyone could force me to do. I usually find an excuse when my wife takes my little guys. The beaches in Hawaii are worth going to - there are trees to provide shade so I don't have to cook and be miserable.
    Last edited by Chebass88; 06-17-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    there are trees to provide shade so I don't have to cook and be miserable.
    i'm with ya. a couple Augusts ago when Daughter got back from Germany we went to Point Pleasant for a long weekend. Bride and Daughter sat on the beach all day, I sat at the Tiki bar all day. Win/Win for everyone.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

A quick nap can make a session great?

Military Press: 95x5, 135x3, 155x2, 185x2, 205x1, (225x1)x5

Snatch Grip Deads: 135x5, 225x3, 315x3, 405x1, 455x1, 505x3, 565x1; PRs - 3RM, 1RM

Roman Chair Situps: BW x 20

Time: 98 minutes (due to a large amount of futzing around)
    BW: NM

Every Saturday, I take my little guys to the library. After lunch, they take a nap, and I sit in their room in the rocking chair, otherwise naptime becomes "Toddler Comedy Hour", with no nap at all. I usually nod off as well, and wake up feeling great after a 20-30 minute nap. Apparently this is the key to a great Saturday afternoon session. When I've done this, the session is great. When I don't, it isn't great. Hmmm.

Presses were awesome. Every single rep was smooth and went up nicely. I used a belt - maybe some of my issues with not being able to do heavy singles well is the "strength leakage" (thanks to Skid for pointing this out a while back). Maybe train without the belt, and only do heavy singles / max attempts with it.

I decided to screw around again, and do some snatch grip deads. I haven't trained these since November, but I knew I could improve. So I got a new 3RM & 1RM. The 3RM easily could have been a 5RM - maybe next time. PRs - Can you do without? Nope.

Speaking of screwing around... A while back, a FB friend tagged me in a photo, saying he could floor press more than I could. I'm not one to let a bit of shenanigans go unchallenged, so I recorded a little video to ask if he can clean 405 as well as I can. Yucks all around.

Lastly, I'm doing density blocks. I did SGDLs. What was left in the Hanley Strength Program? Clearly, jumping in the garage. Using the noise of impact and my bodyweight, I was able to calculate the "landing force" and due to some trivial calculations, I can calculate my vertical distance. Wow. Such a high jump.

Video evidence:
    Military Press, 225x1:

SGDL, 505x3:

SGDL, 565x1: (White man dancing!)

And some shenanigans:

"Cleaning 405"

"Garage Jumping"

That 225 went up smooooth...

Thanks Skid! Thanks also for the comment about leakage. It took a while to sink in, but I think I finally got it.

------------------------------

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Rowing machine: 5 cycles of 3 minutes rowing, 1 minute rest + 2 extra minutes. Distance & split information unknown.

The new rowing machine works pretty well. I'm planning to order a new monitor this week, but for now I just did it with time alone.

And now I'm off to mow the lawn. Yeah buddy!

That 405 clean was Awesome!!

Haha, I was wondering where that was headed, well done.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm glad you guys got a kick out of it.