Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194
Results 1,931 to 1,935 of 1935

Thread: Chebass88 gets stronger day by day.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I love heavy squats.

Squats: 135x5, 225x3, 315x3, 375x5, 425x8; PR - 8RM

Bentover Rows: 175x10, 210x10, 245x10

Sit-ups (at home): 20,20

Time: NM
    BW: 268.0lb

I did this session after work. Im still under the weather with a cold. I applied the "set a PR and GTFO" approach today - skipping the set of 400x5. Maybe I'll do it Thursday if things are on & poppin'. Rows felt great.

If you want to feel that you are in fact alive, do an 8RM. They are fun.

I listened to the Marty Gallagher interviews that Shut suggested. Great.stuff. Gallagher recommends one.top work set.for.strength gains.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynJerry View Post
    I listened to the Marty Gallagher interviews that Shut suggested. Great.stuff. Gallagher recommends one.top work set.for.strength gains.
    Solid. I'm looking forward to listening to them. Ken Leistner also recommended one top set, so that means two solid recommendations in favor of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    Solid. I'm looking forward to listening to them. Ken Leistner also recommended one top set, so that means two solid recommendations in favor of them.
    My assignment for the day "Google Top Set"

Keep up the great work, that's a lot of output on the squats for feeling under the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Strega View Post
    My assignment for the day "Google Top Set"

Keep up the great work, that's a lot of output on the squats for feeling under the weather.
    Thanks Strega! I haven't listened to the Gallagher podcast yet, so I don't know whether he means the same, but in general, the "top set" means the highest working set. It would be an emphasis on one heavy set, often with as many reps as can be performed, instead of multiple sets at the same weight (across), or escalating up or down in weight (pyramiding). It is a different training philosophy than the standard approaches around these parts. It can work, but there has to be an absolute rigid insistence on progression. This might be something like increasing once a certain number of reps are met, with a goal of adding at least one per session.