starting strength gym
Page 192 of 198 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1976

Thread: Chebass88 gets stronger day by day.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Does this f'n guy even lift?

Rowing machine: 7390m in 30:00, cooldown 1112m in 5:00

BW: 271.0lb

I'm back on travel again, for another week-long stint (will this never end?). I did this session first thing in the morning, in the event our testing ran late again this evening (very likely). My goal was to do at least 7316m (what I achieved last week), hopefully better. It was better, with a 1% improvement using the same rate, time, damper setting, etc. It will be a challenge to beat this time later in the week, but I'll give it a shot.

I've decided to put the density block experiment on hold temporarily. My plan for the next few weeks is as follows:

SUNDAY: Snatch grip deads / bench (?) / rows (likely paused) / dips / curls / situps

MONDAY: OFF

TUESDAY: Long row, 30min - goal is improvement over prior week

WEDNESDAY: Press / Front Squats / Lat pulldowns (or pullups) / Incline Bench / DB Pullovers / situps

THURSDAY: Rowing machine - intervals, goal is to beat previous performance on similar session

FRIDAY: OFF

SATURDAY: Rowing, doing distance from long row earlier in week, with goal of doing it for less time.

Given the high pulling volume, I could easily see things like curls & DB pullovers quickly being excised, and weights will have to be selected carefully for other exercises. We'll see how it goes.

Stay healthy, people of the internet!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Level I Bro achieved.

Military Press: 95x5, 145x3, 170x8, 180x3, 145x6

Lat Pulldowns: 100x20, 140x12

Incline Bench: 95x5, 145x3, 185x12, 195x6; PR - 12RM

DB Pullovers: 45x6, 65x12,12

Front Squats: 135x5, 185x10, 205x6

Decline situps: BW x 20

Time: 49 minutes
    BW: NM

My incline bench press was more than my squats. Shame! On the other hand, it gets the gym-bro stamp of approval. All of the weights selected today were shamefully light, due to being very tired, and starting a new plan. They will increase in the near future - I am confident of this. The incline bench PR was an attempt to earn a PR today. It isn't a big PR, and it is a very light weight, but at least I get to mark it in my logbook as a positive event for today.

Stay strong, people of the internet!
    Last edited by Chebass88; 07-26-2017 at 07:25 AM.

I like your positive attitude - if you're setting records, it can't be a bad day!

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    My incline bench press was more than my squats...
    The gym-bro is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    The gym-bro is strong with this one.
    I was only missing the gallon jug of water and shaker bottle of neon-colored potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    I was only missing the gallon jug of water and shaker bottle of neon-colored potion.
    What?!?! You don't chug water and jack3d while lifting? You're missing out on uber pumps, bro.

I remain suitable impressed with your work Chebass. And how on earth did you manage all that in just 49 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    I remain suitable impressed with your work Chebass. And how on earth did you manage all that in just 49 minutes?
    Thanks Jan. The weights were pretty light relatively speaking, despite feeling heavy today, so recovery was pretty quick. I don't like standing around waiting either - today's session was a quick sip of water, wiping down the benches, a logbook notation, and then go again. I think conditioning work also helps to improve the length of sessions as well. For me, I get a little more accustomed to working with a higher heart rate, and it returns to a lower (but still elevated) rate quicker. I think I can improve it further - there was a little bit of time wasted this morning as I was in a commercial gym and had to find plates & all.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Huffing & Puffing

Rowing Machine: 5 minute warmup (1147m), 4 x 750m with 2min rest between intervals, 5 minute cooldown (1163m)

BW: NM

My goal for this session was to beat the average time from the previous time when I did 4 x 750m, which I was able to do on all four intervals. I'm starting to get a little more used to rowing, and I'm enjoying it. The feeling of being alive after a hard cardio session is pretty awesome. It isn't better or worse than the feeling after a really heavy deadlift session - it is just different.

starting strength coach development program
    Saturday, July 29, 2017

This is a great day to be alive. Yes, indeedy.

Rowing machine: 7390m in 29:31.2 (1:59.8/500m avg pace); 5 minute cooldown: 1124m

This was another late night session. I had to wait until my little ones were fully asleep, as my wife is out tonight. Even so, I brought the squawk box (baby monitor) into the basement so I could hear if something was wrong.

I'm really proud of this one - I did the distance from earlier in the week AND broke the 2:00/500m "barrier", for a long row. It probably means deadlifts might not be fresh tomorrow, but that's ok. Maybe the lawn mowing will be put off for another day or two...