• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Saturday, 9 April

BW: 247
    Gym (lifting) time: 2 hours 45 minutes

Racquetball: 1 hour
    Snatch grip deadlift: 405 x 1, 315 x 3
    Hang power clean: 315 x 1
    Racquetball: 1 more hour

Decided I'd give the Hanley, I mean SGDLs, a try. Last day before I go back to real programming, figured I'd see what all the fuss is about. Eh. They're alright. I could see how they could be used pretty effectively.

I'll be moving in a few months, and I'm looking at setting up a home gym. I'm planning on the R-6 rack, but I'd like some opinions on plates, especially if anyone's used both types.

I'm debating between the Rogue Black Training LB Plates (top) and the Rogue LB Competition Plates (bottom)

They've got the same bounce, same collar, same weight tolerances, etc. I'm planning on getting seven pairs of 45s and a pair each of 25s and 35s. The competition plates (solid color) would be $204 more. I don't really see an advantage to them (yes, they say "competition," but since the specs are the same I don't see how that matters), but for some reason I'm still not totally convinced to go with the other plates.
    Last edited by Sean Herbison; 04-10-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Since I've actually been doing meets and, you know, competing, I've been considering moving my log up to the competitive lifter section. Just starting some new programming from Jordan, so I figured now is as good of a time as any.

New log is here: Herbison's Training Log. And with that, I bid farewell to this log.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Since I've actually been doing meets and, you know, competing, I've been considering moving my log up to the competitive lifter section. Just starting some new programming from Jordan, so I figured now is as good of a time as any.

New log is here: Herbison's Training Log. And with that, I bid farewell to this log.

bugger, I struggle to keep up with the competative logs. I'll try to drop in.

I like the black plates - Unless they can guarantee the comp plates are more accurate save the $204 and get some more plates?

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566