Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

Default Week 6 Session 1

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    1-legged box squats: bw*5*3

OHS: 20 kg*5*3

Squats: 162,5 kg*4*4 (@8 on the last set. I focused on a fast negative to really get that bounce going out of the whole, while maintaining tightness and not falling forward or changed the center of gravity from mid-foot. I feel like I managed to get there pretty good and most of the reps felt swift and solid.)

Last set:

Box and hurdle jumps: 2 rounds*4 sets

Bench press: 96,5 kg*3*4 (@8,5 on the last set. I focused on not loosing tightness in the bottom and letting the bar sink into the chest before pressing, which took some focus off of the leg drive. The positive thing is that the weight still felt pretty light, despite not using the legs as much as usual.)

Last set:

Explosive pushups: bw*4*4

Good mornings: 60 kg*10, 10, 5

Leg extensions: 40 kg*20, 12 (I got some pretty major muscle cramps in my neck, shooting up from the shoulders and into the skull base with a pretty damn non-sweet lightning headache, when letting go of the handles on the leg extension machine after the first set. I have no idea why and I've never had it before, but I had to cut the second set short due to the cramps and headache coming back mid-set. This also affected everything I did afterwards, as the neck cramped up again if I wasn't very careful with being completely relaxed in the neck and shoulders during any and all movements.)

Bent over DB rows: 21 kg*21, 19

Ab circle (only 1 round because of the mysterious neck cramps and headache):

Straight-legged situps: 10

Plank: 30 sec

Straight leg-lowering: 10+10

Superman: 10

Default Week 6 Session 2

Squats: 185 kg*1*3 (@8,5 on the first single and @9,5 on the last single. These were well over what I had anticipated going into the workout, since I felt quite tired. But form felt on point and I really felt comfortable staying in the hips and getting a nice rebound out of the hole, which felt great!)

Last single:

Bench press: 108,5 kg*1*5 (@10 on all singles. These were heavier than I had hoped for, but I also felt a little bit out of groove on these. I have to focus more on really staying tight in the bottom and driving from the floor when initiating the press.)

Last single:

Deadlifts: 190 kg*1*5 (@10 on the last single, though they felt a lot better than I thought they would, given how heavy 185 kg was last week. I stayed over the bar much better this time and drove the bar off the floor with my hips and legs instead of the back, which gave me a little faster start off the floor and a better position getting to the knees. The hook grip also felt really stable and good. Fun fun!)

Last single:

Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Nice work!
    Thank you, Jan!

Default Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

Yesterday turned out to be a good day when I got home from a long and tedious day at work to find this! Now I have some studying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of good reading material there! Have fun!

Default Week 6 Session 3

Squats: 150 kg*4*4 (@7 on the last set. All sets done on one breath each. The reps felt pretty solid.)

Last set:

Box and hurdle jumps: 2*4

Bench press: 87,5 kg*3*5 (@7 on the last set. All done paused and with a focus on staying tight in the bottom.)

Last set:

Explosive pushups: bw*4*4

Deadlifts (TnG): 160 kg*3*4 (@7,5 on the last set. These continue to feel good and I really (!) like how they force me to stay tight and really work on my form when going down for a super light touch and then immediately back up again. They have really started to engrain a proper deadlift movement - with two separate movements worked into one fluid motion, where I start at the legs and hips up to the knees and then take over with the back and butt, instead of trying to lead the whole lift with the shoulders. My mental picture of a deadlift has changed, and I believe it is really for the better.)

Second set:

Nice work!

Did you do both the squat sets and the deadlift sets without breathing during the set?

Your progress is like clockwork, Levi!

Training is solid. Form is solid.

Keep up the great work!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Nice work!

Did you do both the squat sets and the deadlift sets without breathing during the set?
    Thank you, Jan! Yes, when the sets are light to medium, I prefer doing them on as few breaths as possible, so today I managed to do all my work sets for all exercises on one breath per set. I find that I can keep tighter doing it this way. But I of course breathe if I feel like I have to or if I feel as if not breathing would risk being detrimental to my form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    Your progress is like clockwork, Levi!

Training is solid. Form is solid.

Keep up the great work!
    Thank you, Mahendra! It's a really fun and smooth cycle so far, so I can only hope for it to continue this way. If so, I'm in for some tasty PRs on 25 February!

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast