starting strength gym
Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

Default Bergstedt's Intermediate Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen! And I hope Marcus's rugby game went well, Lasse!
    Well since Marcus started SS he probably gained almost 20kg, his abs looks like à barrel. Hes strong and not to slow and got a MVP for his team, he was proud, there was som national team members in the other team that voted him mvp.
    Last edited by 57bergstrm; 05-22-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    How many meets do you do a year???
    There are three division meets and two regionals (only bench and a full meet), so I did 4 meets last year and will hopefully do 4 again this year, though hopefully not all of them will be while hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Well since Marcus started SS he probably gained almost 20kg, his abs looks like à barrel. Hes strong and not to slow and got a MVP for his team, he was proud, there was som national team members in the other team that voted him mvp.
    What a progression! That is really well done. And congrats to him for being MVP!

Unfortunately it seems like I hurt my back again yesterday.

Last night I was supposed to do some light beltless squats for sets of 5 across at 120 kg, but decided on belted triples at 100 kg, since the back was so tight (I did beltless paused squats with 110 kg for sets of 3-4 last week).

On the way down on the first rep everything felt good, but I paused just a little to settle into position for the ascent, and all of the sudden it felt like something let go inside my center hip/lowest parts of the spine, followed by immediate, stabbing/burning pain and subsequent stiffness. It is like the pain is located very close on the left and right side of one disc in the lumbar spine, radiating out into the pelvis and tightening all the muscles in the hips and buttocks.

It is hopefully just a small setback, but the coming days will tell.

In the meantime, I am studying to become a national first level IPF-certified powerlifting judge!

Sorry to hear you have back problems again. Hope it is nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Sorry to hear you have back problems again. Hope it is nothing serious.
    Thank you, Jan! I hope so, too.

Levi thats a shitty and sad situation for you to handle. I hope you can make a strong comeback soon. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    Levi thats a shitty and sad situation for you to handle. I hope you can make a strong comeback soon. Take care!
    It is, Lasse. Thank you for your kind words!

I just came back from the naprapath, and we both agree that I might (hopefully) have SI-joint pain, which would mean that it is at least not a disc issue. I don't know if it is worse or not, but right now it feels like a small positive. I think that this also means that it is pretty damn painful, but at least not dangerous, as could be the case with discs? Maybe. I don't know. Haha.

33,333333 % of everyone here probably have SI-joint pain, so you are in good company! I have it on the right side, but not both sides at the same time. You'll be fine!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    33,333333 % of everyone here probably have SI-joint pain, so you are in good company! I have it on the right side, but not both sides at the same time. You'll be fine!
    That was my feeling as well, which is why it feels like a manageable condition. So I have my fingers crossed that that's what it is.

Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast