starting strength gym
Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: M, 6'1", DOB: 1978, Training Since: April 2014, Diet/Programming: Dr. GainzZz

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    With your dosages you might feel it after 2 weeks! Just got some 25g syringes (as opposed to 21g) after reading your log. Hopefully I find them to be "painless and easy" :P
    Not sure if the speed to effect goes up with dosage amount, but we'll see!

I also found drawing with the 25g syringe perfectly fine, so I'm not even going to bother with a separate drawing needle. I just sat my cypionate vial in some warm water for about 5 minutes before drawing. It took about 7 seconds to draw .41 cc. You just have to make sure to inject air into the vial to get that negative pressure.

I know some people stab themselves with the needle, but I think it's easier to just go slow. Breaking the skin doesn't hurt at all, so I don't see the point of a quick jab. I once did an at home blood-type test, and you had to stab yourself in the finger with this little lancet to get some blood. Those little fuckers are WAY, WAY worse than injecting with a 25 gauge needle. lol

Dude, that 25g needle is amazing. Painless! Sure took a long time to inject, but my leg didn't hurt during or after the injection, and it feels normal today. I think I'll start warming up the vile like you did to help it not be so thick. Why on earth was I originally prescribed 21g?!?!

Dude, that 25g needle is amazing. Painless! Sure took a long time to inject, but my leg didn't hurt during or after the injection, and it feels normal today. I think I'll start warming up the vile like you did to help it not be so thick. Why on earth was I originally prescribed 21g?!?!
    Quite frankly, a lot of doctors seem to be kind of retarded. I have a little unfounded suspicion that they do stuff like this so you "take it seriously".

My doctor originally prescribed me 40mg a week, and I told him that was going to be too low, but he said I had to do that and then get blood work after 8 weeks. My levels dropped, of course. So then he bumped me to 60mg, waited 8 weeks, blood work, got approved for another increase to 80mg... Super annoying to have to play that game for almost 6 months to get the dosage correct. Even if the doctor prescribed 21g, why didn't CVS tell me it would hurt like crazy and offer 23g or 25g?

But if you go to your doctor with the right complaint list they'll issue you narcotics in a heartbeat. All the powers of the medical and insurance industries will fight you to get your T levels normal, but they'll do everything they can to make a drug addict out of you...

My doctor originally prescribed me 40mg a week, and I told him that was going to be too low, but he said I had to do that and then get blood work after 8 weeks. My levels dropped, of course. So then he bumped me to 60mg, waited 8 weeks, blood work, got approved for another increase to 80mg... Super annoying to have to play that game for almost 6 months to get the dosage correct. Even if the doctor prescribed 21g, why didn't CVS tell me it would hurt like crazy and offer 23g or 25g?

But if you go to your doctor with the right complaint list they'll issue you narcotics in a heartbeat. All the powers of the medical and insurance industries will fight you to get your T levels normal, but they'll do everything they can to make a drug addict out of you...
    Yup. It's ridiculous. Also test cypionate is dirt cheap, and doctors seem to be more amenable to prescribing the gels. Coincidence that the gels are obscenely expensive? They are also trash.

I didn't even want to mess with normal docs because I knew it would be a huge pain in the ass, especially since I am in the 400s which they think is just fine. I can afford it, so I went the anti-aging clinic route. I'm using a local one where you physically see a medical doctor, but after the first six months I think I'm just going to switch the Defy Medical and do it remotely, since it's cheaper (though not as cheap as getting it from a urologist, gp, or endo). Now the anti aging clinics do have their drawbacks. They prescribe too much shit, so you have to do your own research and not simply trust the doctor. They tend to put everyone on long-term HCG, which I think is HORRIBLE if you might want to have a kid further down the road. Long term use might also be bad for sexual function, from what I've read. You should only cycle it or save it for when you actually need it. Going on HCG permanently just to keep your balls big is the most stupid fucking thing imaginable, IMO.

I'm also going to cycle my TRT. Mainly for long term fertility reasons, but also for psychological reasons. I'm going to go off after the first 6 months, then once a year after that. I think it can be terrifying to be on TRT for like 3 years straight and then go off to have a kid. After being on that long, the psychological barrier can be huge. I figure it's better to become slightly accustomed to how it feels to go off (it sucks). Also, I theorize that it provides an opportunity for stress/adaptation of your endo system. A 6 month stress is probably a lot easier to adapt to than a 5 year stress. This is just guesswork on my part, but I think it makes sense.

Getting off TRT sucks. Don't do it cold like I did a couple years ago. Do your research to figure out what you can take to help your system "wake up" again.

We have 4 kids and last summer I got fixed, so I don't need to worry about TRT while making babies anymore. TRT for life!

Getting off TRT sucks. Don't do it cold like I did a couple years ago.
    How bad was it for you? I've read stories that range from "it wasn't great, but I managed" all the way to "I would have committed suicide if it weren't for my family" (seriously, one guy said this). I mean I'm sure it's not pleasant, but it's not heroin FFS.

Do your research to figure out what you can take to help your system "wake up" again.
    Yeah, Defy Medical has a protocol for coming off on their website. But I'll definitely be doing a lot of research between now and then!

I was depressed (not suicidal), not motivated, no energy, quit lifting, little sexual interest, and felt moody. Took a few months for my hormones to sort themselves out again.

Friday, March 24th, 2017

GPP

Training Week
    Day 1 (Sun) | Day 2 (Mon) | GPP 1 (Tue) | Day 3 (Wed) | Day 4 (Thu) | GPP 2 (Fri) | Rest (Sat)

Morning BW: 211.4 lb (-2.0 lb over last week)

• HIIT: 8 rounds of 20:140 Recumbant Bike
    • 8 min chin/pullup AMRAP: Chins = 12, Pullups = 12, Total = 24

Notes

starting strength coach development program
    Saturday, March 25, 2017

Weekly Update

Macro Changes

No Changes

Notes

Weight loss still looks ok. No reason to change macros.

New Macros

Previous Macros: 270 (C), 69 (F), 250 (P)
    New Macros: 270 (C), 69 (F), 250 (P)

Previous Weekly kCal: 18,907
    New Weekly kCal: 18,907
    Change: Unchanged

Weight

Previous Week's Mean: 214.0
    Current Week's Mean: 212.8

Change in Mean: -1.2 lb
    Week over Week: -3.0 lb
    4 Week Avg Rate of Change: -1.05 lb / week

Weight Off Bulk Peak (mean): -15.0 lb (227.8 peak mean)

Waist Previous: 35.75" (Relaxed) 33.75" (Cheated)
    Waist Current: 35.75" (Relaxed) 33.75" (Cheated)

Page 69 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast