Thread: BigA's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thursday:

Press (no belt): 182.5 x 1, 165 x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    Weighted Chin-ups: 52.5 x 2, 50 x 2, 45 x 2
    Front Squat Hold (no belt): 375 x 20 seconds

I am going to get my leg length measured. The chiropractor noted that I have an LLD. After each session, he "fixed it" but it went back to the original length by the next session (even with only one day in between with no weights). I don't think I am going to go again to the chiropractor, I am not finding too much benefit in regards to this problem (and I don't have unlimited money). Also, I found some exercises to help set the SI joint back into place, they have been helping me. They don't make the spasm go away, only rest does that but they help nonetheless.

If the LLD is indeed my problem, I don't understand why it finally manifested now as an injury. I had been lifting prior to this for almost 2 years injury free. Maybe the weight finally got too heavy for it to handle, the belt brought it out, who knows?

I will try to do squats later today.

HBBS (no belt + no wraps,sleeves): 285 x 5, 225 x 5, 5 (rehab)

The SI joint exercise has really been helping me out. Doing it consistently has given my SI joint area some weird "spasm-soreness". Maybe now that it's more in place, other muscles have to work more than they are used to. I did back off sets for the squat today instead of sets across. I think this will be fine. Until I get this LLD checked out, no need to push really hard.

Press (no belt): 182.5 x 1, 165 x 5, 4, 4
    Weighted Chin-ups: 5 x 8, 5, 5
    Front Squat Hold (no belt): 335 x 20 seconds

I was not recovered for this workout so I called it early to save some energy for Thursday. I had to do a lot of driving this weekend.

HBBS (no belt + no wraps/sleeves): 295 x 5 x 3 (rehab)
    SLDL (no belt): 295 x 5 (rehab)

It's going to be a glorious day of mild soreness tomorrow. I will feel like I will have done at least something. Back twinged very slightly on the 4th rep of the SLDL.

Press (no belt): 182.5 x 1, 165 x 5, 5, 4, 4, 4
    Weighted Chin-ups: 52.5 x 2, 50 x 2, 45 x 2

I will move the Front Squat Holds to the lower body days and drop the Suitcase Holds. I don't trust myself to not lean over a little bit too much to the side and forward with a heavy weight. I have learned from all the posts around here that unilateral work can be tough on your body and is more prone to injury. Anyways, this way, my upper back will be fresh for deadlifts (which will matter when it actually gets difficult).

It still continues to amaze me how hit and miss the press is. The first rep got a little forward and it became a major grind. It caused me to miss the rest of the set.

I think I am going to see Andy first before I get an x-ray.

HBBS (no belt + no sleeves/wraps): 305 x 3 (rehab)
    SLDL (no belt): 275 x 5 (rehab)

I felt a little twinge on the squat so I stopped. I could have kept going but I am very afraid of getting a bad spasm during the squat. Because the spasm only happens halfway up and not in the hole, the sudden moderate to severe pain might make me fall over and cause a worse injury somewhere else. I ran out of time for the deadlift so I kept it to 275. The deadlift actually made my SI joint feel a little better after a few warm-up sets.

I guess I have accepted that recovery is not going to be linear. It's ok, I haven't been sitting around moping, I have used this extra time to dedicate to improvement in other areas of my life and I am overall pleased with the progress on other fronts.

Sorry this log is so boring y'all, I promise it will be interesting one day!

Front Squat Hold (no belt): 385 x 20 seconds

Press (no belt): 182.5 x 2, 165 x 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
    Weighted Chin-ups: 5 x 7, 6, 5

HBBS (no belt + no wraps/sleeves): 305 x 5, 265 x 5, 5 (rehab)
    SLDL (no belt): 305 x 5 (rehab)

I didn't do the front squat holds, I just straight up did not want to load the bar up again from the ground. I imagine when the workout is truly hard, they will be the last thing that I want to do. So, since I am only doing 1 set of front squat holds, I will just continue to do them after the press until they interfere with deadlifts. If they don't interfere, then I will continue to do them there.

starting strength coach development program
    Press (no belt): 182.5 x 2, 165 , 5, 5, 4, 4, 4
    Weighted Chin-ups: 52.5 x 2, 50 x 2, 45 x 2.4
    Front Squat Hold (no belt): 395 x 20 seconds

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast