starting strength gym
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: bean counter's Barbell Medicine Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Congrats on the recent squat and deadlift PRs! Solid @10 efforts on both.

Cracking couple of sessions - I don't know how I missed your post on Thursday, I would have congratulated you profusely then!

You are a 205 Squatter / 225 Puller RIGHT NOW in my estimation were you to put the numbers on the bar.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahendra View Post
    Good work on that deadlift PR!
    Thanks Man!

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    For me, all-time deadlift PRs set in the gym mean more than ones set in competition. Competitions have a crowd to cheer you on, you've tapered volume, you're hyped up and ready to pull a PR. But at the gym, it's just you pulling. Maybe you've got friends or training partners, but not an entire room full of people yelling encouragement at you.

That is to say, congrats on the deadlift PR! Who cares that it's 2.5 kg over your comp max? You have lost weight since then
    Good point. I certainly felt like I could have done with a bit more atmosphere and hype. I took a 200 mg caffeine pill and had one guy urging me on, plus a few others shouting once they realized what I was doing, but it just want the same as a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Congrats on the recent squat and deadlift PRs! Solid @10 efforts on both.
    Thanks! I tend to shy away from real @10 efforts, but it's good to know I have the grind in me if I really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Cracking couple of sessions - I don't know how I missed your post on Thursday, I would have congratulated you profusely then!

You are a 205 Squatter / 225 Puller RIGHT NOW in my estimation were you to put the numbers on the bar.
    Cheers. I like the vote of confidence, but I certainly wasn't a 205 squatter on Thursday or a 225 puller on Saturday - both reps had a lot of grind and I may well have failed with even 2.5 kg more. It seems like I lost a LOT of smoothness and speed between about 97% and 100%.

New log here:
    bean counter's log
    Last edited by bean counter; 02-13-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980