starting strength gym
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Lady Lifting Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by omaniphil View Post
    Solid lifting! I lifted at the meet too, and the double press was hilarious. The entourage of 18 year olds was also a little annoying but oh well. That was my first meet, and I loved how efficient and well run it was. I may just fly cross country again in the Fall.
    Awesome!! Solid lifting yourself. It was indeed a SUPER efficient meet. Glad you had such a good first meet experience!

4/8/17:

Deload continues. Still trying to get nutrition back on track. Kind of feeling like shit, but hopefully starting SPRING BREAK this week will be helpful in that regard. Went out dancing last night #cardio

Squats: 190 2x5 RPE 6

Easy but kind of felt like I forgot how to squat.

Deadlift: 210 2x5 RPE 6.5

Again super easy. Video shows form is a little sloppy though.

Situps (+15 lbs): 4x10
    KB swings (44lbs): 3x10

Fun different programming this week. Looking forward to it.

4/10/17:

On-track nutrition = feeling much better. Funny how that works.

BRO DAY!!!!

Bench:
    70x5
    80x5
    90x5
    80x10 RPE 8

Felt good but elbow flare city. Probably cut off the AMRAP set 1-2 reps too early, was aiming for 8.5.

Pin press: Sets of 3 up to 3rm
    75x3
    80x3
    82.5x3
    85x3

Bar was off center for third rep of final set so I bobbled it, but I reset and got the rep. These were weird.

Kroc rows: 40 3x8 RPE 7.5

Probably should have gone heavier on these, but first time with the movement I didn't want to go too crazy. Hoping it doesn't piss off my shoulder. These are a substitute for barbell rows.

Hammer curls: 25 4x10 RPE 9

These, on the other hand, were probably too heavy. But 20 was too light. Will use those stupid magnetic weights next time to get 22.5 or something.

Ugh I know that feel with curls. Are you supposed to do sets of 10 at some RPE or...? I would just do extra curls until hiring the right RPE with the 20 lbs dumbbell. [emoji854]

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Ugh I know that feel with curls. Are you supposed to do sets of 10 at some RPE or...? I would just do extra curls until hiring the right RPE with the 20 lbs dumbbell. [emoji854]
    Was supposed to be 4x10 RPE 9, yeah. These were technically RPE 9, I think, but the last couple had...a lot of body English. My gym does have those weird magnetic fractional weights so I'll slap some of them on next time and see.

Default Annie's Lady Lifting Log

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    My gym does have those weird magnetic fractional weights
    Jelly.

4/12/17:

Squat:

177.5x5
    205x5
    230x5 RPE 8.5
    205x8 RPE 8.5

The top set felt TERRIBLE, like I forgot how to squat. The AMRAP set was pretty good -- the limiting factor here was definitely stamina/cardio capacity.

Low rack pulls (3" below knee):
    up to 255 1x5 RPE 9

I think I could have done 5-10lbs more for a true 5RM coming at it fresh, but not after this set. Ah well, next time. Grip was dodgy the last two reps hence the quick drop.

HIIT:
    C2 rower 6 intervals (30 on/60 off)

Nearly barfed after these, and couldn't walk for like 5 minutes. Sheesh I sure got out of shape FAST!

The next three days will likely include a fair amount of boozing... hopefully not enough to kill gains, ha. Saturday we're taking a day trip over to Woodinville, to do a bunch of brewery/winery/distillery tastings, including of course Woodinville Whiskey. Yum.

Finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night; started Persona 5 today. #springbreak

Oh, almost forgot! Last week I saw a student (12th grader) mindlessly using a grip strengthener (non CoC *scoff*) in class, so of course because I'm a competitive asshole I dug out our CoC yesterday (we have trainer and #1). I can allllllllmost close the trainer -- got in a few sets of 10 on each hand, getting it to about a centimeter away from closed. Got hit by ridiculous forearm DOMS today, sigh.

4/14/17:

Another bro day! Fun but already the triceps DOMS is setting in...and holy shit dat shoulder pump!

Had 2 beers last night so belt was real tight this morning oops.

Press:
    55x5
    61.5x5
    70x5 RPE 8
    61.5x9 RPE 8.5

Press felt pretty damn good today.

CGBP:
    85 2x5 RPE 7

First time doing these. Felt pretty okay?

Slingshot Bench:
    up to 110 1x5 RPE 9

Slingshot is weird in that it's super easy until it's impossible. Kept misgrooving these. Husband nearly stole my last rep lol!

LTEs:
    35 1x6
    30 2x10, 1x7

Good lord these were harder than I expected. Nice and humbling. Cut last set short because shoulder was starting to pinch a lot. Not sure why. Iced it afterward, feels ok now.

Skipped programmed chins because of shoulder pinchy-ness. Also because of all the new movements, if shoulder gets pissed I want to be able to find the culprit more easily. If it's all good I'll try adding them back next time.

Shoulders poppin' in that singlet! #pumpforealz

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post

Anyone who reads my log -- Pat here had an...eventful first meet experience, so definitely mosey over to his log to hear about it once he writes about it.
    I finally got the time to do a write up. Here it is.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast