starting strength gym
Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Lady Lifting Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JessEvans View Post
    lSorry. Am I being too vulgar? You can tell me to stop and I will. I still don't really know the ropes around here.
    I can't speak for Annie's log but in general the intermediate logs are half lifting, half other stuff, and 100% vulgar. We talked about manscaping in my log for a few pages, jeez!

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    I can't speak for Annie's log but in general the intermediate logs are half lifting, half other stuff, and 100% vulgar. We talked about manscaping in my log for a few pages, jeez!
    I miss all the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by JessEvans View Post
    Knees. Do they ever stop being wobbly little bitches? (Sorry. Am I being too vulgar? You can tell me to stop and I will. I still don't really know the ropes around here.)
    Oh, carry on my vulgar new friend. This is a swears-friendly zone.

And seriously I have had it up to HERE with my goddamn wobbly knees. Stay PUT, fer chrissakes!!

Lower back SO tight today. Programming for this week has me doing two new movements, weighted lunges and rack pulls (3-4" below patella). This should be an adventure!!

3/20/17:

AM BW: 180.0

Period started today and work has been fucking awful since the middle of last week.

Squat: 1x267.5@9.5, 4x240@9.5

Went up 2.5 for another PR, yay! Felt better about this single than Saturday, even though it was probably the grindiest squat I've ever had. Really tried to focus on controlling the descent, was marginally successful. The AMRAP set was also verrrrrry slow; unfortunately my camera failed for that set.

Rack pulls (3-4" below knee): 1x280@8.5, 300F, 295F

Never done any kind of rack pulls. These were way demoralizing -- wanted to get much more than 280. Low back was pretty fried after squats though, and I was definitely feeling it here. Should have kept pulling but was nervous about my back, sigh.

Lunges: 95 3x10 RPE 7.5

Awkward as fuck. No clue what I'm doing. Again, never done weighted lunges before. Felt like a goddamn baby deer. Knock knees/duck feet really seemed to be fucking me up here. Including video for maximum lolz. A good ego check.

ha, welcome to my world, where every week brings a case of "how do I work out a set of 8 at RPE 8 on a movement I've never done before?"

Also, rack pulls are harder than people make you believe - they are like deadlifts without leg drive off the floor. Only consoling advice is that you learn the motor patterns quickly, in a couple of weeks it will feel normal

nice squat!

I hear you on weighted lunges. I set the safeties way high, not because I was worried about the weight, but because I wasn't 100% sure I could remain upright.

Great job on the lifts!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    ha, welcome to my world, where every week brings a case of "how do I work out a set of 8 at RPE 8 on a movement I've never done before?"

Also, rack pulls are harder than people make you believe - they are like deadlifts without leg drive off the floor. Only consoling advice is that you learn the motor patterns quickly, in a couple of weeks it will feel normal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    nice squat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    I hear you on weighted lunges. I set the safeties way high, not because I was worried about the weight, but because I wasn't 100% sure I could remain upright.

Great job on the lifts!
    Thanks guys. Sore as fuck today, but the "poor me" feelz have passed somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    Oh, carry on my vulgar new friend. This is a swears-friendly zone.

And seriously I have had it up to HERE with my goddamn wobbly knees. Stay PUT, fer chrissakes!!

Lower back SO tight today. Programming for this week has me doing two new movements, weighted lunges and rack pulls (3-4" below patella). This should be an adventure!!
    Thanks. Better now. I just realized that I've been doing rack pulls from the beginning instead of deadlifts, because the safety rails on the power rack don't go as close to the floor as a bumper radius. So when I switched to deadlifts with bumper plates I was pulling from lower. So it sucked. Anyhow. Thanks for talking about it here when shit gets hard. It helps me feel not so alone. I hope your back feels better.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    I call my "Elvis Knees" lol

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast