starting strength gym
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Lady Lifting Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Grind LEVEL UP ACHIEVED! You've got a skill point to spend in (a) even longer grind or (b) even more impressive grindface.

Good grindzz! [emoji1303]

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Grind LEVEL UP ACHIEVED! You've got a skill point to spend in (a) even longer grind or (b) even more impressive grindface.
    Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Ha, awesome grind!
    Quote Originally Posted by acelticmonk View Post
    Good grindzz! [emoji1303]
    Thaaaaaanks. Skill point goes into MOAR GRINDZZ.

--

5/10/17:

AM BW: 178.2

With my "new" workout buddy again.

Deadlift:
    225x5
    243x3 (this should have been more like 255, but I am terrible at kilo math)
    285x1 RPE 9

Motherfucker. AGAIN with the going out of extension.

RDL:
    200 2x3 RPE 9

Forgot the straps again, so hooked it. I find it really hard to gauge RPE on these.

Paused squat (2 sec pause):
    200 3x3 RPE 9

Helpful to have outside eyes, for accountability on the count. Definitely got the true 2 sec pause on most of these, which was good.

Prowler:
    6 sprints (w 135lbs)

Felt like death.

Heading into a very stressful couple of weeks -- back to back tech weeks on student production (8th grade and 12th grade).

good deads!

5/13/17:

AM BW: 177.4

Menstrual cycle day 1.

Deload came right on time. I feel run down as fuck.

Squat:
    225 1x3 RPE 9
    205 1x5 RPE 8

No pep. So sluggish. Felt awful.

Bench:
    85 3x5 RPE 6.5

Easy, felt good.

Pulldowns (underhanded):
    90 4x10 RPE 9

Friday, today (Sunday), and Monday are full of manual labor. Theater stuff. Frustratingly, we're not allowed to have students up on ladders, so basically I have to do all the rigging and lights stuff. One of the things we are doing for this show is installing opaque black curtains along the perimeter of the multipurpose room where the performance will be. We've totally MacGyvered it in order to be budget-friendly -- PVC pipes suspended from the wood-slat ceiling with plumbing brackets, curtains hung from that. I waaaaaaaaay underestimated how difficult it is to put screws in straight up while standing on top of a 13-foot ladder, so while I had hoped to finish it Friday, instead that's how I am planning to spend all day today. Also need to put legs on platforms (audience risers), re-hang and focus lights, and possibly figure out an equally-MacGyvered rigging setup that will let a shoe fall from the ceiling (which is supposed to happen in part of the play we're doing). It's stressful, but I do love solving these kind of engineering problems in theater. It's fun to strive for that perfect balance: everything needs to be safe, but also temporary.

my calves always KILL me after spending a lot of time up on a ladder

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    Deload came right on time. I feel run down as fuck.
    Timing! Look after yourself ....
    Friday, today (Sunday), and Monday are full of manual labor. Theater stuff. Frustratingly, we're not allowed to have students up on ladders, so basically I have to do all the rigging and lights stuff. One of the things we are doing for this show is installing opaque black curtains along the perimeter of the multipurpose room where the performance will be. We've totally MacGyvered it in order to be budget-friendly -- PVC pipes suspended from the wood-slat ceiling with plumbing brackets, curtains hung from that. I waaaaaaaaay underestimated how difficult it is to put screws in straight up while standing on top of a 13-foot ladder, so while I had hoped to finish it Friday, instead that's how I am planning to spend all day today. Also need to put legs on platforms (audience risers), re-hang and focus lights, and possibly figure out an equally-MacGyvered rigging setup that will let a shoe fall from the ceiling (which is supposed to happen in part of the play we're doing). It's stressful, but I do love solving these kind of engineering problems in theater. It's fun to strive for that perfect balance: everything needs to be safe, but also temporary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    my calves always KILL me after spending a lot of time up on a ladder
    We had to apply gap sealant to an 80 year old ~13 foot high VJ board (like tongue and groove) ceiling. For a whole house. My partner said at one point she seriously considered throwing herself off the ladder so she could break something. So the pain would stop. The neck. The shoulders. The calves. The wiping bits of gap sealant onto t-shirts and the ever present smell of that shit. Fun times!

Soooooo last week destroyed me. Utterly, completely destroyed. I've realized in retrospect that much of the last 2 months have been me attempting to out-alpha male some 18-year-old boys. I think I succeeded with all but one of them. This last week was all 12-14 hour days, most ending in migraine...probably because I wasn't eating (see below).

The performance ended up great, though: first one student had to fly to Oklahoma right after the first show for her grandmother's funeral, so we had to have another student step in to take her role (learn the part overnight essentially); THEN another student got so sick with bronchitis he couldn't go on, so we had to sub in ANOTHER student. The student who ended up taking that part is a rather prickly fellow who, months ago, swore he would "not be in the play"...and now here he was, taking on a classmate's part in a pinch. Begrudgingly, but still.

Didn't train at all last week, was pretty physically active in the theater, and accidentally lost close to 5lbs. Shit.

5/22/17:

AM BW: 174.0 (yikes)

Bench:
    70x5
    85x5
    95x4 RPE 10
    85x7 RPE 8.5

Overshot the weight, oops. Didn't have my fractional plates with me.

Press lockout:
    up to 85x3 RPE 9.5

Tried 90, only got 1. So weak. No video.

Kroc rows:
    70 3x8 RPE 9

Dumbell curls:
    25 4x10 RPE 9

Did some box jumps for fun -- haven't done these in years, if ever. Did sets of 5 at 32.5" pretty easily. They were fun!

Two workouts from last week:

5/31/17:

Got sick last week, then work was crazy, then I went to a three day music festival this weekend. Exhausted but refreshed--nothing like dancing your face off in the middle of the desert to clear your mind. Shoulder really pissed off after camping, so I called it after squats. Weak as shit after 2 weeks of poor nutrition, then three days of junk food and beer.

AM BW: 176.6

Squat:

180x5
    205x5
    225x3 RPE 9
    205x5 RPE 8.5

These were rough. Forgot how to squat. Top set was only a triple because they felt terrible. Oh well, gotta start somewhere.

--
    6/2/17:

AM BW: 176.0

Press:

55x5
    60x5
    70x6 RPE 9
    60x8 RPE 8.5

CGBP:

75 2x5 RPE 7

Felt good. Didn't have my slingshot so had to skip those.

LTEs:

30 4x12

Pulldowns:

90 4x10

Should still bothering me a bit, but getting better. Neck and shoulders have been veeeerrrry stiff and knotted up the last week or so. Time for lacrosse ball and sauna.

starting strength coach development program
    who was good at the festival?

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast