Thread: Annie's Lady Lifting Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Rest View Post
    who was good at the festival?
    Chance the Rapper
    Phantogram
    LCD Soundsystem (though I was so sleep deprived the first day there that I crashed halfway through the set)
    Thee Oh Sees
    Katie Kate
    Vulfpeck (IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE THESE GUYS LIVE DO NOT PASS IT UP, SERIOUSLY)
    Aesop Rock
    The Shins (love them as always, but they went on right before Chance which was...a strange pairing.)
    Sleigh Bells
    Foxygen
    Boogie
    Sam Lachow
    DoNormaal

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    Chance the Rapper
    Phantogram
    LCD Soundsystem (though I was so sleep deprived the first day there that I crashed halfway through the set)
    Thee Oh Sees
    Katie Kate
    Vulfpeck (IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE THESE GUYS LIVE DO NOT PASS IT UP, SERIOUSLY)
    Aesop Rock
    The Shins (love them as always, but they went on right before Chance which was...a strange pairing.)
    Sleigh Bells
    Foxygen
    Boogie
    Sam Lachow
    DoNormaal
    i have no idea what any of that means

god i'm old lol

Don't worry. I don't know any of them either and I am 26.

I'm 54, but I know a few, only because I watch Saturday Night Live, as a habit (since the 70s), and those few were musical guests. That's not to say I don't feel my age watching certain non-musical aspects of the current SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    i have no idea what any of that means

god i'm old lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    Don't worry. I don't know any of them either and I am 26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    I'm 54, but I know a few, only because I watch Saturday Night Live, as a habit (since the 70s), and those few were musical guests. That's not to say I don't feel my age watching certain non-musical aspects of the current SNL.
    Lol, yeah. To be fair, some of those are local Seattle-area acts. Overall the festival is mostly indie -- indie pop, folk-y rock stuff, and indie rap.

--

6/5/17:

AM BW: 178.0 (was 175.4 the day before wtf)

So weak. So detrained. So bad at deadlifting.

Deadlift:

200x5
    225x5
    245x3,2 (~2 min rest between)
    225x2

Still rocking back. Cannot fucking get it into my thick skull to squeeze UP before the pull. Monumentally frustrating. Am actually considering trying to get an in-person coaching session from somewhere here to fix my deadlift. It's so clear to me from the video what's wrong, and I'm really trying to use all of Matt and Charity's cues, but I cannot for the life of me fix it. Round back city here. Tried to do some reps back down at 225 after my "work" set to see if I could hold extension at a lower weight. Not really much better.

(The video is kind of messed up though, it repeats the clip of my last two reps at 245 rather than showing the double at 225.)

RDL:

165 2x6 RPE 8.5

Straps are amazing!!!!! First time using them. Lost balance a bit on this second set, but recovered it.

Pause squats:

175 3x3 RPE 7.5

Undershot weight here a teeny bit, I think. Depth was maybe a little high?

C2 rower:

7 sprints (15 sec on, 45 sec low intensity)
    1227m total

First really full workout in awhile. Exhausted.

Have you heard Shins guitarist Jessica Dobson's band Deep Sea Diver? She fronts it and plays guitar, and her husband plays drums. I think she writes the songs too.

Quote Originally Posted by acelticmonk View Post
    Have you heard Shins guitarist Jessica Dobson's band Deep Sea Diver? She fronts it and plays guitar, and her husband plays drums. I think she writes the songs too.
    Wait I love them, I had no idea she was the guitarist for The Shins! She has a spectacular voice.

Wait I love them, I had no idea she was the guitarist for The Shins! She has a spectacular voice.
    She's been the touring guitarist for the Shins, and was on the last album I believe too. I didn't see the shins on this tour so I'm not sure if she's touring this time around. She is an amazing bundle of energy and, I agree, has a great voice.

Got a little behind on posting.

6/8/17:

AM BW 177.5

Bench:

72.5x3
    85x3
    95x3 RPE 8.5
    82.5x7 RPE 8.5

Press lockout:

up to 112.5 1RM (failed at 115)

Dumbbell curls:

25 4x10 RPE 9

Skipped rows because my shoulder was really hurting, because I was an idiot and taught my friend the power clean...by first cleaning 95lbs to make sure I remembered how. Obviously, that was stupid and catching 95lbs on my delts made my shoulder very unhappy. Thankfully, it's fine now a few days later.

starting strength coach development program
    6/11/17:

Terrible day. Where has my lower body strength gone????

Squat:

190x3
    220x3
    235x2 rpe 9.5
    215x4 rpe 9

Ugh. Total wuss day. Should have gone for the third on the top set but it felt bad and, yeah, I chickened out.

Low rack pulls:

up to 3RM: 255

Also terrible. First two reps weren't awful, then failed the third, then got mad and pulled possibly the worst-looking rep I've ever done? Bleh.

C2 HIIT:

6 intervals (30s high 60s low): 1451m

We now own a C2 rower!! My husband has gotten really into rowing and we found a nice barely-used one on craigslist, so now we have one! I may try to get in some rowing every morning to up my cardio.

I'm feeling REALLY down on squats and deadlifts, and could really use a reset to focus on form. Looking ahead at my programming, it looks like a run at LP is in my future, which is probably for the best.

In more positive news, I got my friend to at least set some end-of-summer goals for his lifts and start keeping a log. He is really enjoying the program so far, even if he isn't actually "sold" on it, and despite some interrupted momentum.

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast