starting strength gym
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Creatively Titled HLM Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK View Post
    2300 calories on Wednesday, back up to 241.2 on Thursday morning.
    2300 calories on Thursday, down to 239.4 on Friday morning.
    Last edited by Tim K; 04-16-2016 at 07:02 AM.

WEEK 2 (4/10/16 - 4/16/16)

Friday:

Squats: 335x5x3
    Incline Bench: 192.5x5x3
    Deadlift: 455x5x2 - I decided to do two sets of medium deads and two sets of RDL's
    RDL: 275x10x2 - First time doing RDL's in 6 years. Thought these might be good to help stretch my hamstrings and get some extra posterior chain work since I squat high bar. Killed my lower traps/rhomboids more than anything, probably gonna be really sore tomorrow.

Incline DB Press: 50x10, 66x9x2
    DB Row: 80x9x3 - decided to stick with the 80 lb dumbell, which was good since I did it after the RDL's. I had to start heaving it on the last couple reps of sets 2 and 3.

About 3.5 hours in the gym, a little ridiculous. I probably need to cut some accessory stuff or move it to another day. Or I guess I could just leave it as-is and skip it on days when I don't have time.

2300 calories on Thursday, down to 239.4 on Friday morning.
    2300 on Friday, 240 even on Saturday morning.

Wedding yesterday (I'm a photographer) so I was on my feet all day instead of parked at my computer. Came in at around 2100 calories with 230g of protein by the end of the night, then went out for beer and drank about 900 more. Resisted the bar food though, and ended up at ~3000 for Saturday.

This morning I was 235.2 lbs. Maybe dehydrated but I did drink a gallon of water through the day, but that was before the beer. Interested to see where I'm at tomorrow. I've got stuff going on Monday so I won't have my heavy day until Tuesday this week, and the cheat meal is getting pushed back to Monday night as well. Just in time for the finale of Better Call Saul, can't wait!

2350 calories on Sunday, weighed in Monday morning at 238.4 lbs.

Around 5500 calories on Monday including my cheat pizza, which I ate around midnight... Tuesday morning I'm at 239.4, which surprised me. Going for 380 on squats today.

WEEK 3 (4/17/16 - 4/23/16)

Tuesday: (Heavy) - I had stuff going on yesterday so had to move my heavy day. Probably going to skip light day this week to stay on schedule.

Bench: 242.5x5,4,4 - Someone snatched the power rack right before I got to it again, so I had to bench first. Overly zealous spotter helped me on the fifth rep of set 2, so I found a different guy for the third set. Unfortunately I didn't have five in me. I guess I'll have to redo this weight next week.

Squats: 380x5x3 - Tougher than last week for sure but I got all my reps

Deadlift - 515x5 - waited 10 min before I even started warming up for deadlifts, and took my sweet time between warmup sets. The top set felt good, might even do another 10 lb jump back up to 525 next week.

Got some video of the squats and deads:

I feel like I'm bent over too much for a high bar squat, doing a bit of a good morning. Trying to think of driving up and back with my shoulders to combat that, but my hips still tend to come up faster than the bar out of the hole.

When I was doing these it felt like I was making some great progress in keeping my back flat, but upon review it's still rounding, albeit not as much as it used to. Also my knee was shaking at the top of rep 2, but I got a clean lockout on the next three.

The weather is great and I couldn't resist going for a bike ride. Hope I don't lose all my gainz!

Distance: 10.09 mi
    Time: 40:26
    Avg. Speed: 14.97

Short and sweet compared to last summer where I routinely went on 30 mile rides that lasted 2 hours or more (and had very limited success in changing my body composition).

Met allent today and tried out the prowler for the first time, felt like dying after 6 sprints w/90lbs and rest periods from 1.5-3 minutes.

starting strength coach development program
    Met allent today
    What is it with you other Michiganders and these nutty deadlift numbers? Nice job.

Maybe the moustache does have something to do with it. I grew a decent beard, but it didn't seem to help.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast