starting strength gym
Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: The erotic adventures of H.P. Lovecraft

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    (Bench) Pressing is dumb. Might be worth running out the cycle though, just to get the data about how those lower rep range IDs work out for you in the context of the horrorshow that is TM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    They both got my vote.

Fuck man, no lime and cracked pepper. I'm eating crickets, I want some damn lime and cracked pepper. Or maybe lime and chilli. Anyway - I would totally try one of those.
    With lime-and-to-kill-ya to drink?

Well, I feel like I'm sliding crunchily into a big hole with teeth, progress wise. Bench was realistically a step down from last week, when it was the backup lift. Did one set of press that was meant to be about a triple & gave up in disgust. Not feeling too strong but feeling plenty beat up. Left shoulder is a bit fucked. Left knee is a bit more fucked. Fatigued. The word fucked is coming to mind a lot. Not enjoying at all. Was going to run this one out but I'm already at 3's/1's so not sure if I've got much room to do that. Tempted to just call it without even going for some new singles, because I'm pretty sure I'd be awesomely unimpressed with the results. Anyway, that was some nice whine.

Bench(I): blah blah blah 132.5x2x3
    Press(I): blah blah 90x1, 92.5x1
    All though that sounds like Hell, it's probably just a little hick-up with the fatigue and pain. I'm guessing you'll be all right again for the next session. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Sorry about the left side of body fuckery. Take some Vitamin I and rest for a bit maybe? I hope it doesn't get too bad!
    Yeah, just see if large amounts of adults beverages and some extra days of R&R will put you back on track? You've earned a little break.

Thanks everyone! I should just stoic up a bit and not log right after an obvious #shitshow day.

I'm not going to bail on TM just yet. I'll think through a sensible strategy to get me through a few more weeks, as opposed to the usual quixotic crash and burn or complete program change. I'm pretty sure squat recovery demands are impacting on everything else. Thinking about cutting squat VD to 5x3, and decide on the day whether I increment or not. If I can get my knee to settle down a bit I'll keep bumping the weights on ID for whatever reps I can get. If I can manage a triple when I get to 215 I'll count this TM as at very worst a costly win. If I can get singles up to 230 then I'll be a more happy camper.

Bench and press I reckon I can get moving in the right direction again. I think last night I was still a bit too systemically fucked from last squat VD to put in a good showing, and shoulder niggles definitely put a dampener on my press capacity. Should have popped some I.

After that, I'm believe I'm to run Andy Baker's Strength & Mass After 40 program, as close to how it's written as possible. Will have to sub out the dumbbell work though. Figured I bought it, may as well try it.

Anyway. This might all change.

i think if you put a hawaiian hula bobble doll on that little rock wall you face and concentrated on it you'd gain 30kg on your lifts overnight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    i think if you put a hawaiian hula bobble doll on that little rock wall you face and concentrated on it you'd gain 30kg on your lifts overnight
    Is the doll ... magic? Or is it all in my mind? Or is it about where I look when I squat?

I think the decrease in tonnage on VD is a good idea. Another idea is one of those ramping sets, or one top heavy set of fahve on VD followed by lighter 3x5. That Andy Baker article about 5x5 is chock full of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    I think the decrease in tonnage on VD is a good idea. Another idea is one of those ramping sets, or one top heavy set of fahve on VD followed by lighter 3x5. That Andy Baker article about 5x5 is chock full of ideas.
    Yeah I was just reading that again last night. I've always liked a top set & a few back-offs. I'll see how 5x3 goes first. Only for squat though - bench and press VD I'm going to keep at 5x5 for the moment.

Is the doll ... magic? Or is it all in my mind? Or is it about where I look when I squat?
    yes

starting strength coach development program
    After that, I'm believe I'm to run Andy Baker's Strength & Mass After 40 program, as close to how it's written as possible. Will have to sub out the dumbbell work though. Figured I bought it, may as well try it.
    Looking forward to the videos of your S&M After 40 training. I see you're thinking about specializing in sub? Bold choice.

Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast