starting strength gym
Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: chromoly the intermidiot

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yay wassap girl! Your TM progress has me pumped for when I get back on it, though my mind must be addled somewhat, to be missing VD at all.

Have you ever tried thinking "knees forward" out of the hole instead of hips forward? I have similar problems and it's one of the cues I get from Tom to help fix that, plus thinking of my midfoot, as the hips shooting back/shins becoming more vertical is almost always accompanied by weight shifting into the heels.

Looking stronk as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by MissusTufnel View Post
    Yay wassap girl! Your TM progress has me pumped for when I get back on it, though my mind must be addled somewhat, to be missing VD at all.

Have you ever tried thinking "knees forward" out of the hole instead of hips forward? I have similar problems and it's one of the cues I get from Tom to help fix that, plus thinking of my midfoot, as the hips shooting back/shins becoming more vertical is almost always accompanied by weight shifting into the heels.

Looking stronk as usual!
    100% addled from the car accident, missing volume day! (To be fair, although I usually feel drained at the end of VD, I do kind of like that feeling.)

I have never thought "knees forward" as a cue! I've done knees out (hasn't everyone?), but not forward. Something to keep in mine on VD this Sunday. Thanks for the suggestion, my stronk friend!

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Thanks! Btw, did you notice I stole your usage of "intermidiot"? I thought it was an apt name to appropriate for my log
    But for the 1,490 uses of that frankenword that predate mine, I would demand my satisfaction through the courts madam! Srs though - you're doing a PhD in what now? Physics, or chemistry? Pick one you maniac! Both sounds kinda painful.

Many addled. Such dumb. Stupid cars.

Yeah think "knees forward" out of the hole (you def don't have a problem getting them there on the descent) - an over exaggeration, as we don't want the knees to actually go forward, which would be almost impossible anyway. Hope it works!!! I'll be using it myself on Sunday to see if I can get through one set of squats without hearing it yelled at me.

I like your supersets but I would recommend Jelly Bellies.

I love the title! I almost put my new log here too.

Congrats on the 200 fahve bah fahve!!!

Glad you got registered, I saw this morning that there are only 4 spots left. I registered the same weight class, but I'm not certain I'm going to make it... Weight loss is not happening theses past two weeks, and with only 13 weeks to go, 20ish lbs lost seems unlikely. I should have been more conservative (read: smart) when I registered!

It'll be cool to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth_H View Post
    I disagree. The half inch is not important, which is why you should just round up. It's not lying. (This is what I tell myself).!
    The way I look at it the half inch you have is very important, the one you are lacking is to be ignored. I'm lacking a few half inches (and marbles, too). #startinglength, #startingheight, #startingbrains Apparently lack of strength is the only thing I can fix.

So here is another reason to check on the intermediate section regularly, after Shane's recent migration here. Looks almost like a stampede. Frankly, I probably should be moving my log as well, my novice phase (oh the good old days) ended a couple years ago.

I figure I you reach all the way down to the ground with your feet your height is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    ... I’m a 27 year old female, 5’3.5” (the half inch is very important!), ...
    Understood, as I'm 5'11.25". (Actually, it's down to 5'10.5" now, what with age and subsequent to back surgery 21 months ago.)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    But for the 1,490 uses of that frankenword that predate mine, I would demand my satisfaction through the courts madam! Srs though - you're doing a PhD in what now? Physics, or chemistry? Pick one you maniac! Both sounds kinda painful.
    Chemical physics, physical chemistry. Take your pick (everything is quite interdisciplinary nowadays). I study chemical processes from the point of view of a physicist and occasionally a chemical engineer. Specifically, I'm developing new MRI techniques to study and eventually optimize chemical reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by MissusTufnel View Post
    Yeah think "knees forward" out of the hole (you def don't have a problem getting them there on the descent) - an over exaggeration, as we don't want the knees to actually go forward, which would be almost impossible anyway. Hope it works!!! I'll be using it myself on Sunday to see if I can get through one set of squats without hearing it yelled at me.
    Hope it works for you! (And me!)

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    I like your supersets but I would recommend Jelly Bellies.
    Any particular flavor or mix of flavors? Also, any suggestions to improve the SGDL/laying down on the floor superset?

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    I love the title! I almost put my new log here too.

Congrats on the 200 fahve bah fahve!!!

Glad you got registered, I saw this morning that there are only 4 spots left. I registered the same weight class, but I'm not certain I'm going to make it... Weight loss is not happening theses past two weeks, and with only 13 weeks to go, 20ish lbs lost seems unlikely. I should have been more conservative (read: smart) when I registered!

It'll be cool to meet you!
    YAY! I'm so excited to meet you at the SS Fall Classic! The weight classes are kind of arbitrary anyway... in USAPL they are 47/52/57/63/72/84/84+ for example. I wouldn't' stress too much about it, if you're not in the right weight class the day of, you will get bumped up or down. Unless I have a good shot of placing (I don't), I don't worry about making weight for anything.

5x5 200 will happen soon, hopefully during the meet prep for the Fall Classic. For now it's just one set of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by peez View Post
    The way I look at it the half inch you have is very important, the one you are lacking is to be ignored. I'm lacking a few half inches (and marbles, too). #startinglength, #startingheight, #startingbrains Apparently lack of strength is the only thing I can fix.

So here is another reason to check on the intermediate section regularly, after Shane's recent migration here. Looks almost like a stampede. Frankly, I probably should be moving my log as well, my novice phase (oh the good old days) ended a couple years ago.
    #startingheight probably ended after puberty, unless you get some kind of leg-lengthening surgery. I've heard of people doing it, but not worth it to me! #startingbrains would be a good one for me too, but at this point, it's probably #recoveringlostmarbles.

If you are too lazy to move your log and keep checking the intermidiot section, you can "follow" other people's logs on Tapatalk app, or "subscribe" in the web browser. I am too lazy to check on certain subforums regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    I figure I you reach all the way down to the ground with your feet your height is perfect.
    Thanks Jan! I think my height is perfect too.

Quote Originally Posted by furrier View Post
    Understood, as I'm 5'11.25". (Actually, it's down to 5'10.5" now, what with age and subsequent to back surgery 21 months ago.)
    Don't worry! As Jan said above^ as long as you reach the ground with your feet, your height is perfect

Page 2 of 204 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast