starting strength gym
Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: chromoly the intermidiot

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In for the new log!

I've been measured at different heights, anywhere between 6'0" to 6'2". When I say I'm 6'0" people say "no, you must be taller!". So I just say 6'1" now.

After enough heavy squats I'm sure we'll all be a little shorter

Edit: Glad you signed up for the Chicago Fall Classic! See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Any particular flavor or mix of flavors? Also, any suggestions to improve the SGDL/laying down on the floor superset?
    I like as random as possible and that way if you get a flavor you hate you can use it to fuel a rage-filled PR and if you get a flavor you like you can tell yourself it's a reward for a job well done.

I've actually never done the "SGDL/laying down" superset but I do the "prowler push/lay down and leave a massive pool of sweat while the room goes dark" combo a couple times a month.

Oh that's right... We've talked about this before... But I've slept since then and 200 5x5 is stuck in my head!

I have no delusions of grandeur, but it would be awesome to win the Masters female for the free SS seminar! *daydreams*

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Glad you signed up for the Chicago Fall Classic! See you there!
    Yes, I'll see you there! Do you know anyone else who is going to compete in Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    I like as random as possible and that way if you get a flavor you hate you can use it to fuel a rage-filled PR and if you get a flavor you like you can tell yourself it's a reward for a job well done.
    Rage (or emotional) PRs never work out for me. I have to be calm and collected before taking a lift, otherwise I'm usually too unfocused and hit technical failure.

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    I have no delusions of grandeur, but it would be awesome to win the Masters female for the free SS seminar! *daydreams*
    Oh, right! You are a masters lifter! (You don't seem "old", but masters starts at 40 I guess...) That give you an edge in winning something very nahce. For me, I looked at last year's results and I would need to put up much bigger numbers than I am planning to put up in order be remotely competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Yes, I'll see you there! Do you know anyone else who is going to compete in Chicago?
    Well, there's ithryn, allent, Bill Hannon (I think), carson, bob g... that's about all the people I can think of who are competing. Other than that there are SSCs I've met before. It'll be nice to see everyone (and meet new people).

Are the meets mostly SSers? I'm going to the Long Island City meet, want to meet some of you peeps in person (obv not the ones in Chicago this time).
    Last edited by damufunman; 07-29-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    Are the meets mostly SSers? I'm going to the Long Island City meet, want to meet some of you peeps in person (obv not the ones in Chicago this time).
    Wouldn't say mostly, at least in Chicago last year. Lots of Crossfitters. The guy who kicked my ass in men's heavyweight is a Crossfitter. I saw that he signed up again.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    MEH will apparently be there and competing as well. We'd all better be on our best behavior.
    Ah, yes I saw that. But I don't know MEH.

I've never been to one before. I wonder what it is like. I have to presume that many (the majority?) of people who compete in these SS meets is somehow affiliated with SS (have an SS coach, train at SS gym, on the forums, etc)... because how else would they hear about it? Or even, why would they want to do it? PL meets are squat/bench/dead, and SS meets are squat/press/conventional deadlift.

Wouldn't say mostly, at least in Chicago last year. Lots of Crossfitters. The guy who kicked my ass in men's heavyweight is a Crossfitter. I saw that he signed up again.
    MEH will apparently be there and competing as well. We'd all better be on our best behavior. AFAICT Chicago will be something like 50% intermediate-log forum-goers.
    Ah, yes I saw that. But I don't know MEH.
    I don't know MEH either. I hear he's a ninja (martial artist) or something like that though; is that why we need to be on our best behavior?

Great log name, BTW.
    The real reason I dilly dallied in moving to the intermediate section... I couldn't come up with a good log name until now.

Jesus Nanette, your new log is already my most active subscribed thread, displacing your old thread. SO POPULAR! Must be the glasses.

starting strength coach development program
    Are the meets mostly SSers?
    Not necessarily. Fair number of crossfitters and powerlifters last year at the Seattle Fall Classic. And I just convinced a coworker who does crossfit to sign up, yay!

Also, ^^^ seriously, your log: most popular, or MOST POPULAR?

Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast