4 x 4 x 100 @ 6, 6.5, 7, 7

Close Grip Incline
    9 x 45 @ 6?
    9 x 50 @ 7?
    9 x 55 @ 7.5?
    9 x 60 @ 8?
    2 x 9 x 55 @ 8, 9
    9 x 50 @ 9

some PT butt stuff to warm up for front squats (banded monster walks)

Front Squat
    3 x 5 x 95

Deadlift in flats
    1 x 285 @ 8
    1 x 300 @ 9 -- peed just a few drops :'(
    0 x 315 @ fail
    2 x 5 x 225 @ ezpz

Pull-Ups: 30 total (5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3)

I need to stop dicking around with my deadlift training. My deadlift responds well to sub-maximal training, so I really need to stop trying to regularly pull anything at 88% or higher. Sticking to < 80% will be helpful.

Arrghhh monster walks.

Wow, lots of benching today. How's the incline?
    At least you know what works for your deadlift. I'd agree, stick with that.

Congrats on the new gig and no surgery! Also In-N-Out is better than Five Guys, but Shake Shack is better than them all! Also, if you're working at the lab in Berkeley, I've got some pals up there you can hang with!

Default chromoly the intermidiot

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    Arrghhh monster walks.

Wow, lots of benching today. How's the incline?
    At least you know what works for your deadlift. I'd agree, stick with that.
    With the sets of 9-10, I always think the weight is super light and easy. I'll get to rep 7 and think well, that's not heavy but my triceps are tired. Then 8 and I'll think, "man, I know I can push out more but I don't want to." 9 has me thinking "oh shit this is hard" and 10 has me wondering "can I really do this?"

To be honest, I'm kind of enjoying the close grip incline. It's better than chest level pin bench. If only I could do sets of 8 or less on this movement! My elbows don't like these high rep sets.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Congrats on the new gig and no surgery! Also In-N-Out is better than Five Guys, but Shake Shack is better than them all! Also, if you're working at the lab in Berkeley, I've got some pals up there you can hang with!
    Thank you! But the real question is, do you have any pals who need a roommate? I'm having a hell of a time finding something dog-friendly and in my price range for 1BD. 2BD is easy to find in my price range per person, but I need a roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Thanks Jan! I am pleased i don't need surgery. And pleased with my bench progress.

For those of you who are following along but don't speak jargon, I've provided a translation:

3T MRI arthrogram with Gad contrast = MRI scan done with 3T magnet, Gadolinium contrast agent to make the labrum light up on the scan. Normally it is difficult to see the difference between a torn labrum and surrounding tissues because they have similar contrast without Gad.

Partial-thickness articular surface tear of the anterior superior labrum, extending from the base of the labrum to the apex = small, incomplete tear of the labrum, in the front and top side, starting at the base and extending up to the top

Short segment detachment of the anterior superior labrum = labrum is partially detached in the front, at the top

The rest of the labrum is intact = self-explanatory

Three discrete osteochondral injuries of the femoral head = three separate small injuries in the cartilage around my femur

with mild underlying marrow edema = with bone bruises underneath the cartilage

FAI = femoroacetabular impingement, where a bony lesion gives that ball and socket an irregular shape

CAM-type = the head of the femur is not perfectly round and may grind against the hip socket, wearing away the labrum

The MRI without contrast, scheduled for June 30, is to check the healing progress of the bone bruising. Bone bruises can be seen via plain old MRI (but not x-ray), no need for special injections. We hope it appears to be smaller in 6 weeks.

Everything is rushed because I am moving to Berkeley sometime in July (we settled on August 1st start date). Fortunately, my UC SHIP student insurance is good through the end of September. New job will provide insurance too, but I bet it's not as good as the student one. I need to get new glasses, teeth cleaned, etc before I move!
    What??? Are all these issues separate or related to one thing?? Guess they're overuse injuries?? Hope healing goes smoothly!!

Did you get a teaching job?

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Thank you! But the real question is, do you have any pals who need a roommate? I'm having a hell of a time finding something dog-friendly and in my price range for 1BD. 2BD is easy to find in my price range per person, but I need a roommate.
    Many of them are married (because that's what people my age do, apparently), but I'll ask around! Do you want to be in Berkeley? Are Oakland/Albany/Alameda/Orinda/Lafayette options?

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Five guys is better than both. #science
    Five Guys doesn't even know what a milkshake is.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    What??? Are all these issues separate or related to one thing?? Guess they're overuse injuries?? Hope healing goes smoothly!!

Did you get a teaching job?
    Unfortunately, no one knows what the cause(s) are. At least the pain is getting better. It's not a teaching job.

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    Many of them are married (because that's what people my age do, apparently), but I'll ask around! Do you want to be in Berkeley? Are Oakland/Albany/Alameda/Orinda/Lafayette options?

Five Guys doesn't even know what a milkshake is.
    I would like to be in Berkeley, but Oakland and Albany are ok too. Prefer < 45 minute commute, willing to pay premium as a result.

Speaking of milkshakes, I had a really delicious coconut banana milkshake the other day. Sounds weird, but it was amazing.

---
    Tuesday 5/23/17
    BW: 62.4 kg

Comp Bench
    5 x 4 x 105 @ 7. 8, 8.5, 8, 9

Pin Bench (chest)
    1 x 115 @ 7
    1 x 120 @ 8
    3 x 110 @ 10 oops
    3 x 102 @ 9
    3 x 100 @ 9, 9.5

Front Squat (paused)
    3 x 5 x 100

7 min Pull-Ups: 29* PR (6, 3, 6x2, 1, 2, 5x1)

Girl! Berkeley!! Congrats!!!!

You might consider looking at Emeryville or El Cerrito too if you wanna save some moolah. I'll keep you in mind if I hear about anyone looking for roomies. Any chance your work is near a BART stop? That makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    Girl! Berkeley!! Congrats!!!!

You might consider looking at Emeryville or El Cerrito too if you wanna save some moolah. I'll keep you in mind if I hear about anyone looking for roomies. Any chance your work is near a BART stop? That makes a huge difference.
    Thank you! I'm looking at north Oakland, El Cerrito, Emeryville, and a bit in Albany too. I wanted to stay closer (in Berkeley if possible) because I've been spoiled by my close commute to UCLA-- it's no more than 20 min by bike even if I'm cruising along.

I think (without looking) it's close to Bart. I can always bike + Bart commute. I want total commute time to be under 2 hours every day though, and would definitely be happy if it were under 1.

What makes the apartment hunt hard is the dog situation.

starting strength coach development program
    Isn't Cal Strength somewhere in that area?