Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Damufunman's lifting weights log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey now, that's Doctor Nanners to you!

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Hey now, that's Doctor Nanners to you!
    Oooops, sorry about that, no disrespect intended.

7/18
    AMBW 198.6

Ugh, taking a week off of weightlifting is not that fun. Hands are all torn up. 90F, 80% humidity does not help.

Drop snatch
    20 x 5 x 3
    40 x 3 x 2

Snatch
    40 x 3 hang powers
    50 x 3 hang powers
    60 x p1
    65 x 2
    70 x 1f, 1p, 1f, 2
    second rep of first set got slightly forward at the bottom and lost it
    first rep second set was reallly loos in the hole, upper back all soft and mushy

Clean & Jerk
    20 x 5+5 x 3 tall clean + jerk in split
    50 x 3 x 2
    60 x 2
    70 x 2
    75 x 2
    80 x 2 x 3
    Haven't been missing these for the most part (save for PR attempts, guess that's ok). Cleans have been pretty good, need to work more on keeping the bar close and not letting it get away from me forward on the turnover/during one of the pulls. Although I guess I wasn't getting my front foot far enough forward while jerking, coach hollered at me a couple times today.

Press
    20 x 8
    40 x 5
    50 x 3
    58 x 1 @9.5
    Planned work set (62 x 3) was not gonna happen. Trip/benches yesterday probably are to blame.

7/20
    AMBW 198.0

Worked from so I could go with my wife for her 20 week ultrasound. She is indeed pregnant (she still doesn't believe it), it is human, and it's a boy. Woohoo!!
    Appointment took longer than I expected, so ended up working from home the rest of the day. Didn't eat nearly as much as normal, but not too bad. Big workout planned, going for singles at 405, by best at the Fall Classic last year. Except this time during training and for singles across.

Squats:
    405 x 1 @8.5
    405 x 1 @8.5
    405 x F
    405 x 1 @9.5
    405 x 1 @10
    PR singles across (hit 405 for third attempt at FC). First two were surprisingly easy, and form was pretty good. Got a little bit forward on them, but not terrible. Third one I think I got a little overconfident, and loosened up in the hole. Almost wimped out afterward and dropped the weight, but I stripped the bar, reracked it, put all the plates back on and attacked the next two. They were much harder, but managed to stay tight and finish them. Hopefully a better volume day will make next week's a little better.
    Squats, 405 x 1 x 5 (third failed) - YouTube

Benches:
    237.5 x 1 @9.5
    237.5 x 1 @9.5
    237.5 x 1 @9.5
    237.5 x 1 @10
    237.5 x 1 @10
    PRs! All with 3" belt and wrist wraps.
    These were all pretty good, but the third on I got loose at the bottom and had a real shitty bar path. Still wasn't too fatigued so I managed to get it up fine. Last two hard hard but moved smoothly.
    Benches, 237.5 x 1 x 5 - YouTube Only recorded first and last.

Deadlift:
    380 x 5 @8.5, @9.5 for flat back. 3" belt, straps.
    Deadlift, 380 x 5 - YouTube
    PR for fahve! Finally this is getting up above my squat (projected), and it seems like it's still moving up so that's good.

3 PRs, can't complain about that. Hopefully I can keep them coming for a few more weeks.
    Last edited by damufunman; 07-21-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Nice lifting! Looks like you got slightly forward in the hole on the third squat single. Doing those singles across is really tough.

Congrats on getting a human!

And congrats on the 3 PRs! Setting 3 PRs in the same session, that has to feel good!

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Nice lifting! Looks like you got slightly forward in the hole on the third squat single. Doing those singles across is really tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Congrats on getting a human!

And congrats on the 3 PRs! Setting 3 PRs in the same session, that has to feel good!
    Thanks guys. It's nice to be back in PR territory for everything, though the singles are making ID take a loooooong time. I really like singles, but singles across are tough. Hopefully my VD weights keep moving up, I really want to get 405 x 5 on squats (and deadlifts for that matter) by the end of the summer, or at least by December when the baby arrives.
    Manveer how many times did you cycle through ID running reps out?

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    Manveer how many times did you cycle through ID running reps out?
    Dozens. Hundreds. Thousands?

No, I don't know. Maybe went down to singles twice. Usually there was an unplanned deload before I got to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Dozens. Hundreds. Thousands?

No, I don't know. Maybe went down to singles twice. Usually there was an unplanned deload before I got to that point.
    A thousand, good to know. I'm using your progress as a goal on TM, I'll just try to not get hurt or travel too much.
    Last edited by damufunman; 07-22-2017 at 10:19 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Question for fellow TMers/anyone with better knowledge than I: volume day is it what drives progress, intensity day just displays it, and maybe gives some neurological benefit, is this right?
    With that thinking, would it make sense to continue 5 x 5 on bench, and put more emphasis on press again so I can get that stronger (a goal of mine, plus Olympic lifting)? I still need to increase my upper body strength/size in general and bench seems the best way to do that.

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast