Press: 170x5
    DL: 325x5
    BW: 215.6
    Waist" 35.5"

10 Feb 2017 SQ 410x5 - YouTube

10 Feb 2017 SQ 370x5x2 - YouTube

10 Feb 2017 DL 325x5 - YouTube

SQ Notes:
    Each needed an extra inch it looks like. These look to be a little more in the hips than Monday. Sent my hips back on the fifth rep, but other than that form looks okay. So the guy behind me is a good dude. I felt bad for "yelling" at him. You can see him kind of laugh after I do though. Apologize profusely thereafter. He didn't take any of the weight, just kind of caught me off guard. He's a really cool and helpful guy.

The back-off set is proof that I can keep my head where it should be when tired and under heavy weights. So it's just me cheating on the 410 set.

Press Notes:
    Seem pretty okay to me.

DL Notes:
    I see some improvement here. Concentrated on getting heavy in the feet, and pulling everything together with as I took my breath.

13 Feb 2017
    SQ: 395x3, 405x3, 415x3 -PR
    BN: 175x5x5
    DL: 330x5
    Chins@BW: 9 - 9 - 7
    BW: 215.6
    Waist: 35"

New vid-e-o format. Serving it all up in one go. Like it's 2001 in this piece.

SQ Notes:
    Sent my hips back instead of up on 3rd rep of 395. I don't know why I decided to lift my chest instead of riding my hips up halfway through the 3rd rep at 405. 415 looked pretty good to me. Knees and hips seem to be breaking more together on the way down. I could have stayed in the hips more while grinding out that rep. You know... if I stopped looking at myself in that mirror (which you can clearly see me doing) I bet I'd get rid of the chest lift. I'm going to ask the gym owner if I can move the mirror.

Bench Notes:
    Width here looks more appropriate. Bench speed moving nahce.

DL Notes:
    Today while warming up I could feel a lot more lat engagement, until about 315 when I, for some unknown reason, abandoned it. Seems to be part of the "getting it right" equation. I don't think I'm a "motor moron". Why is this hard for me?

Overall I think things moved well today. I picked up some sort of nasty sinus infection. So I'm walking around in a perpetual state of can't breathe. My head also seems to be in a vice of some kind. Although, I'll say this: during my heavy sets I didn't notice it so much. It actually cleared up a bit while at the gym. I wonder if that's just all in my head.
    Last edited by kfreeman85; 02-13-2017 at 09:57 PM.

It's hard to get all the little things right on the deadlift setup. At least it is for me. I can only remember and implement so many cues at once.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    It's hard to get all the little things right on the deadlift setup. At least it is for me. I can only remember and implement so many cues at once.
    I hear you there. Certainly seems to be my problem.

Default A Beard (Still) Adds Ten Pounds

Looks like you might be able to switch the j-hooks to face the other direction. BAM! No more mirror to look at!

Sinus infections suck. I got two in three months last year. Train through if you can. The pseudophedrine will act as a nice pre-workout ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    Looks like you might be able to switch the j-hooks to face the other direction. BAM! No more mirror to look at!

Sinus infections suck. I got two in three months last year. Train through if you can. The pseudophedrine will act as a nice pre-workout ;-)
    I can't record from the proper angle with the hooks facing the other way (gym isn't deep enough). But you're 100% correct, that is an option.

The sinus infection isn't too terrible. I am pushing through. Hurts most when it comes to sleep, to be honest.

As a side note: I think as of yesterday I've moved out of LP into actual intermediate programming. So this log is actually in the correct place now... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    What is deadlift setup?
    lulz... we can't all have an 8' wingspan at 6' tall.

15 Feb 2016
    SQ: 325x5x3
    Press: 140x5x3
    Chins 7Min: 30
    LTE: 70x10x3
    BW: 215.2
    Waist: 35"

SQ Notes:
    I sent my hips back a bit on the last rep but I really concentrated on keeping my head down. They're deeper than they need to be, but I think there's good hip drive much better eye placement.

Press Notes:
    Head could come through a little sooner. I tried lifting my chest like you told me to.

Threw the LTEs in for a form check. Wanted to do 75x10x3 today, but the loadable bar was in use and it was 70 or 80lbs and I did a few test reps with 80 and it wasn't going to go for 3 sets of 10.

Also it's official, Texas Method run starts Monday. Nick and I talked it out and he said that if a long gym day on Mondays doesn't bother me, and I can protect my sleep to "prepare myself." He also said "you're going to feel like a bad ass doing 5x5s on Monday". Sounds like it's time to get serious about 8hrs a night. Apparently my calories are going to slide up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    I make conventional look like sumo...
    I don't even deadlift any more anyways.
    I'm jelly (as the kids say).

starting strength coach development program
    Texas Method? Any modifications or just textbook TM? Probably fine for a little while, but the shortcomings have been discussed at length elsewhere on this board recently.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast